Alexa multi room music not playing

Bmsluite

My Wiim Amp will not play music when I request Alexa to play on the multi room music group. In the wiim app the song will appear that is playing on all the other speakers in the group, yet no sound is being output from the Amp. The screenshot attached is showing this issue, no actual signal is coming out of the amplifier.

The wiim will play music if I ask Alexa to play only on the wiim amp.

The hdmi arc works just fine. It does this if I use optical or hdmi arc.

It switches back from alexa music to arc within 10 seconds of waking the TV.

Multi room room music commands will not switch the input source though app shows it is switched.

It will only switch the input if I request Alexa to play music through just the wiim Amp alone.

Is there a setting I am missing or is this a bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240813-173908.png
    Screenshot_20240813-173908.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 12
My Wiim Amp will not play music when I request Alexa to play on the multi room music group. In the wiim app the song will appear that is playing on all the other speakers in the group, yet no sound is being output from the Amp. The screenshot attached is showing this issue, no actual signal is coming out of the amplifier.

The wiim will play music if I ask Alexa to play only on the wiim amp.

The hdmi arc works just fine. It does this if I use optical or hdmi arc.

It switches back from alexa music to arc within 10 seconds of waking the TV.

Multi room room music commands will not switch the input source though app shows it is switched.

It will only switch the input if I request Alexa to play music through just the wiim Amp alone.

Is there a setting I am missing or is this a bug?
How are groups set up in Alexa app? You need to create a room group in Alexa app and put Echo and WiiM in it. In the voice control, you need to specify the name of the room.

It is not in a room currently. It is only in the everywhere group as seen in this screenshot (the wiim Amp has been renamed TV in the Alexa app) .

I did try to create another group outside of the default everywhere that included the wiim Amp but that didn't change anything

I’d try a reboot of the router and the Amp. If that doesn’t resolve it, you should raise a ticket via the feedback section in the app, perhaps with a screenshot of the group from the Alexa app too.

It is not in a room currently. It is only in the everywhere group as seen in this screenshot (the wiim Amp has been renamed TV in the Alexa app) .

I did try to create another group outside of the default everywhere that included the wiim Amp but that didn't change anything
Sorry, you need to create a speaker group, not a room group.
Please try creating a multi-room music speaker group.

I’d try a reboot of the router and the Amp. If that doesn’t resolve it, you should raise a ticket via the feedback section in the app, perhaps with a screenshot of the group from the Alexa app too.
I did reboot it.

I also factory reset it. Neither worked. Are you able to achieve multi room music using Alexa on your unit? I am thinking my unit may just be defective

That is what this is I believe. This is my "Everywhere" speaker group which has every speaker in my house in it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240814-145520.png
    Screenshot_20240814-145520.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 9
It is a speaker group, I just created another one to test. Notice the music icon next to both the "Everywhere" and "House" speaker groups. Both groups contain the same devices.

I did reboot it.

I also factory reset it. Neither worked. Are you able to achieve multi room music using Alexa on your unit? I am thinking my unit may just be defective
Might be a bug rather than a defective unit. If you haven’t already done it, raise a ticket as mentioned above

Hi Bmsluite,

Please check the faq here and video tutorial. If it still doesn't work for you, please send a feedback ticket from the WiiM Home App. We'll address it promptly.
That tutorial follows exactly as I did the setup. It does not work. The multi
Might be a bug rather than a defective unit. If you haven’t already done it, raise a ticket as mentioned above
I'm not going to wait for wiim to fix their unit. I wanted two things from this unit
1. Hdmi arc so I can use a singular remote from the tv
2. The ability to link the unit to Alexa MRM.

That's it. There are receivers that do the same thing with the same sound quality. I'll just buy one of those.

I'm not going to wait for wiim to fix their unit. I wanted two things from this unit

That's it. There are receivers that do the same thing with the same sound quality. I'll just buy one of those.
Fair enough, but you’ll struggle to find other devices that support lossless Amazon music multi room, outside echos.

Alexa multi room works with all my WiiM devices, you might just have hit a bug with your network and the amp…

Hi Bmsluite,

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you could kindly send a feedback ticket, our team will promptly address the issue. We're confident that this feature works, and we just need to resolve the issues specific to your environment. A feedback ticket with your device log will greatly assist us in resolving this. Thank you again for your assistance and patience!

Try changing the WiiM Amp name to something other than TV. That could be confusing things.

I have the amp as part of a house full of Echos and it does work. The only issue I run in to is if I start music by voice, the Amp will not play the first song. It will start if I skip the first song, or when the first song finishes.
The WiiM Home app doesn't seem to be able to control anything other than music volume of the Amp. It displays the current song.

Hi Bmsluite,

Please check the faq here and video tutorial. If it still doesn't work for you, please send a feedback ticket from the WiiM Home App. We'll address it promptly.
@WiiM Support
Hi, I have the same issues with my WiiM Amp plus Echo Dot Multiroom Setup and need help fixing it.

I have tried the given FAQ and the video tutorial but to no avail.

Alexa never has a problem streaming music (Spotify) only on the Echo Dot or only on the WiiM Amp.

The multiroom streaming however does not work properly however. Often after the multiform command the music is only playing on the Echo and the WiiM Amp stays silent.

I have rebooted all devices (Amp, Echo, Router), updated the latest firmware, re-registered all devices and rooms/groups but this didn't change the problem.

I cannot make any sense out of this issue.

Thanks for fixing this issue and your help in advance.

Hi Tobi,

Can you please send us a feedback ticket from the WiiM Home App. We'll address it promptly. Thank you for your assistance!

Back