Amazon playlist management integration

BigFreaky

I mostly use the wiim app to play music on my two wiim devices.

Sometimes when listening to new songs I wanted to have a way to save them for future listening.
It will be nice to have a way to add songs to playlists on Amazon. I know I can use the amazon app, but when the music is already there, playing on the wiim app, is a handy shortcut.

Even if there is a way to simply "Like" the song and add to my likes playlist only.

Also, a minimal integration with the remote for that same purpose:
I tried some voice commands like: "Like the current song"/ "Add the current song to my like playlist" but that doesnt works.

Can voice commands be also supported for that same purpose?

Have you tried the simpler “Alexa, thumbs up” or “Alexa, I like this song/track”, or “Alexa, add this to my xyz playlist”?

Edit: you don’t need to ask Alexa to add to a ‘my likes’ playlist as it in effect does that when you ‘like’ a track, so you can simply ask “Alexa, play my liked tracks”

Just tried what I suggested using the WiiM remote to get my Amp to play some music, then I gave the first track the “thumbs up” and also added it to a playlist which also appears in the Amazon Music app. Here’s a attached screenshot of the Alexa voice activity log…

PS Ignore the extra middle ‘create playlist’ request.

Attachments

• IMG_8769.jpeg
    IMG_8769.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
how did you start to play the song? When I start to play something using the wiim shortcut, and ask alexa to add to a playlist, she answers that there is no music playing. but wiim is playing the song.

I started to play a song through alexa and I can manage to add the song to a playlist. So the issue is Alexa can't recognize that wiim is playing songs when they are started by the presets.

I seem to recall similar happening with echo devices, although probably more when using audio from a skill. Might be a glitch with Alexa, or could even be a bug with WIiM. I’d raise a ticket via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app and see if there’s anything WiiM can do to detect an active stream when it wasn’t initiated by voice.

Back