Amazon Prime Day Sales - July 16-17th

15-20% off WiiM devices on Amazon UK for Prime Day 2024, excluding the Ultra of course which isn’t available here yet. Check out your regional Amazon - and other local retailers - to see if there are similar deals

It seems WiiM is promoting heavily. Note "no discount for the Ultra". Best thing is that non-Amazonians will get similar prices.

IMG_4093.jpeg

Apologies for posting in (slightly) the wrong thread, and I have posted this elsewhere.

But a great amp to pair with any WiiM streamer is the Topping PA5 ii (and Plus version).

The vanilla version is a complete steal at its normal price of £250. Today Amazon UK has it at £211.

Apologies for posting in (slightly) the wrong thread, and I have posted this elsewhere.

But a great amp to pair with any WiiM streamer is the Topping PA5 ii (and Plus version).

The vanilla version is a complete steal at its normal price of £250. Today Amazon UK has it at £211.
Have you ordered PA5 II yet?🙂

YES!

No offence, but surely you didn’t think I’d spot a golden deal, then let you muppets know about it, and buy them all, before I got my order in.

:ROFLMAO:

When you receive it, can you tell me if you hear noise on the RCA inputs?
I want to know if you can hear the noise when you have it at full volume with nothing playing, I know you can't hear the noise with the TRS balanced input.

Thanks in advance. 🤗

I want to know if you can hear the noise when you have it at full volume with nothing playing, I know you can't hear the noise with the TRS balanced input.

Thanks in advance. 🤗

It’s arriving today. I’ll check it out tonight if I get chance.

Thanks in advance. 🤗

It has arrived…but I’m still at work.

Thanks.
I am in no hurry. Please let me know what you think when you are ready.

Please enjoy. 🤗

So here’s the thing.

I currently have a Denon UD-M31 CD player/receiver, which acts as an amp, but also has a sub out. There’s no bass management, though.

When I get the Ultra, I’ll be using Ultra L&R RCAs into the PA5, sub out from the Ultra into the sub.

Until the Ultra arrives, it’s WiiM Mini into PA5, but no sub.

I have a workaround. I have a Topping EX5 DAC/headphone amp which has balanced and RCA outs, which can both be on at once. Again, no bass management, but no loss.

So here’s the thing.

I currently have a Denon UD-M31 CD player/receiver, which acts as an amp, but also has a sub out. There’s no bass management, though.

When I get the Ultra, I’ll be using Ultra L&R RCAs into the PA5, sub out from the Ultra into the sub.

Until the Ultra arrives, it’s WiiM Mini into PA5, but no sub.

I have a workaround. I have a Topping EX5 DAC/headphone amp which has balanced and RCA outs, which can both be on at once. Again, no bass management, but no loss.
Please be assured. I am not asking for your sound quality review.
I just want to know how much noise is present on the RCA inputs of the PA5II when silent.

As I may have told you before, I have PA5 and TP-RA3.
I like the TP-RA3 because it has a remote and can memorize the volume. However, there is noise on the RCAs and I don't like that. (If I turn the volume up above -20dB, I hear a strange noise coming from the tweeter.)

If PA5 II does not have such a problem, I will include it in my future purchase considerations. In any case, my request is trivial. Please value your time.

Thank you. 😉👍

Hi mate, I’ve just done a quick test.

For clarity, the set up is this.

WiiM Mini at volume 100% on Volume Limit and also on the app whilst playing the track.

Digital out from the Mini into a Topping EX5 DAC/headphone amp. Volume at 100%.

EX5 out over RCA into the PA5 ii (vanilla version, not the Plus). Volume turned to 100% (full clockwise).

Into Wharfedale Diamond 12.1s. Grills off.

Ear to tweeter.

There’s no noise, mate. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. 0%.

After years of amplifier hiss, It’s f*ck*ing creepy.

I’ll compare with balanced outs in a couple of days, but you can’t get less than zero.

I hope you find that useful.

Hi mate, I’ve just done a quick test.

For clarity, the set up is this.

WiiM Mini at volume 100% on Volume Limit and also on the app whilst playing the track.

Digital out from the Mini into a Topping EX5 DAC/headphone amp. Volume at 100%.

EX5 out over RCA into the PA5 ii (vanilla version, not the Plus). Volume turned to 100% (full clockwise).

Into Wharfedale Diamond 12.1s. Grills off.

Ear to tweeter.

There’s no noise, mate. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. 0%.

After years of amplifier hiss, It’s f*ck*ing creepy.

I’ll compare with balanced outs in a couple of days, but you can’t get less than zero.

I hope you find that useful.

That's a great result!
Of course the balanced input should be the same darkness black.
Thanks so much for your adventure for me.😊

Back