Amp Won't Stay Connected...Device Not Found

LJF

I've tried everything. I've seen where there are some problems with this and other devices, but I didn't find a solution posted in here. Every time I go to use it, app says Amp can't be found and prompts me to reboot the Amp AND my router. Does this every time I go to use it from idle. Works great as long as music is streaming. But, as soon as I stop the stream, get out of the app, and let even 10 minutes or so go by, when I go back in, it says device not found. Also says internet signal is weak even though every other device in the same room says signal is great. I'm wanting to replace my whole home Sonos with Wiim Amps (will be about 8 Amps in total), but this will be a deal breaker if I can't get a solution. Hopefully just a setting or something I'm missing. Any help would be much appreciated.

I suspect the weak internet signal to be the cause of the issue. If moving the unit a few mm or rotating it a few degrees does not give you a strong internet signal, the WiiM unit likely has a problem with it's WiFi hardware. Of course you'll want to confirm that the WiiM is connecting to the same network as the devices with a strong signal.

I suspect the weak internet signal to be the cause of the issue. If moving the unit a few mm or rotating it a few degrees does not give you a strong internet signal, the WiiM unit likely has a problem with it's WiFi hardware. Of course you'll want to confirm that the WiiM is connecting to the same network as the devices with a strong signal.

Thanks, I will try moving it a little. However, I have a TV streaming in about the same location that does just fine with Netflix, YouTubeTV, etc. Can't imagine this would be that different. Not to mention that it connects and plays just fine on the reboot. It is connecting to the same network for sure, so that's not the issue.

Thanks, I will try moving it a little. However, I have a TV streaming in about the same location that does just fine with Netflix, YouTubeTV, etc. Can't imagine this would be that different. Not to mention that it connects and plays just fine on the reboot. It is connecting to the same network for sure, so that's not the issue.
Sounds like a hardware issue. I had a similar problem a few years ago with a Wyze camera. Brand new camera would connect to the network fine but then 20-30 minutes later it would be disconnected. It also had a low WiFi signal compared to an older camera I put next to it to test the WiFi strength.

I exchanged the camera for a new one and the problem went away immediately. Can you return your unit for another one?

Wiim products are notorious for crappy WiFi connectivity. Ive had to relocate my mesh WiFi access points to a couple feet away from each device. Id temporarily set yr wiim amp and speakers up right next to yr router and see if the problem persists

Every time I go to use it, app says Amp can't be found and prompts me to reboot the Amp AND my router.
Also says internet signal is weak even though every other device in the same room says signal is great.
Wi-Fi Strength is only displayed on the network connection page. I assume you checked this when the Amp has been detected after a reboot? If so, the weak Wi-Fi signal should really be the first thing to tackle. Even if you don't plan to use the Amp there, temporarily move it very close to the Wi-Fi router. If the problem persists it has nothing to do with signal strength, but there's something else getting into the way of device discovery.

Not to mention that it connects and plays just fine on the reboot.
What is your source when it plays just fine? Do you have an iPhone or Android phone?

Does your router support 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi? Are both frequencies enabled? Do they have different SSIDs or the same? How are your settings in "Network Status" in the WiiM Home app?

Thanks all for the input. Got a response from Wiim support so going to try that first. I'll report back on what happens.

Update...moved it closer to the router and it's performing flawlessly! Thanks again all for the help.

Back