Audio from Chrome browser does not play.

Taube Taube

I'm trying to send audio to WiiM using Google Cast from the Chrome browser with the YouTube tab open. WiiM is visible in Chrome, but when you click on it, the error "Casting tab audio is not supported on this device" appears. Despite this, everything looks as if the broadcast is going on - in the Wiim player application it shows the Chromecast broadcast, but there is no sound.
Chromecast itself works from the Qobuz application on Android and through Google Home without any problems.

If anyone has encountered this problem, what was the reason?

Last edited:
working fine for me casting from Chrome browser (Win 11) YouTube to a Wiim Pro.

In your Windows Sound settings what ouput device have you got slected ?

Tab casting from Chrome and from Edge to my WiiM Amp is working just fine (but hardly used).

If it's working for you using Edge, then it might be worth it diving into the various tweaks for fixing Chrome, like re-enabling the media router.

what ouput device have you got slected ?
That should be fine. I googled and came across this rather obtuse post but perhaps it might help https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/s/7xgZyZ5KX3
speakers selected. I have only two options for the sound card - speakers and SPDIF. Switching doesn't bring any results.
Tab casting from Chrome and from Edge to my WiiM Amp is working just fine (but hardly used).

If it's working for you using Edge, then it might be worth it diving into the various tweaks for fixing Chrome, like re-enabling the media router.
I did not use EDGE. Do you mean the settings in EDGE? And how to make re-enabling the media router? Unfortunately, I didn't understand at all.

UPD: I tried it in Edge, I get the same message, no sound.

Last edited:
I did not use EDGE. Do you mean the settings in EDGE? And how to make re-enabling the media router? Unfortunately, I didn't understand at all.

UPD: I tried it in Edge, I get the same message, no sound.
I suggested to try out Edge (I know that you didn't use it before), so the Chrome could have been identified as causing the issue. Apparently, this didn't work out.

Please note that there's nothing on the WiiM side that could be done. The problem could be with the computer or (probably much less likely) with your home network. If you search the Internet for the exact phrase "Casting tab audio is not supported on this device" you'll get dozens and dozens of better or worse tweaks to try like e.g. this one:

The problem could be with the computer or (probably much less likely) with your home network.
Thanks, but the last method didn't help either. The problem is definitely on the computer, since Chromecast works from other devices on the same network. Moreover, it works from Chrome too, but it transmits something unclear to WiiM.Снимок.JPG

I'm already convinced that the problem is in the computer. I took my vintage laptop and streamed it via Chromecast. There is sound, although it stutters. This means that the problem is with my sound card. I have an external Creative X-Fi installed on my computer. Now I must to turn it off and switch to the built-in card.

Reading information from the Internet was educational. Only I realized that this was all outdated and dates back to the period when chromecasts were just beginning to gain momentum. I am glad that our beloved WiiM again rose to the occasion.

I thank everyone who helped me.

A couple of days ago, I found Chrome browser crashing as soon as I try Chromecast YouTube music to WiiM Pro Plus. I use the latest version of Chrome on Mac OS. When I try Chromecast to Chromecast Google TV, it works fine. Later, I tried Chrome browser on Windows 10. Again, it crashes the browser as soon as I cast YouTube music to WiiM Pro Plus. So, I switch the browser to Edge on both Mac and Windows. They work fine. So, I am guessing something went wrong with Chrome browser on Mac and Windows. WiiM is not the cause of issue.

Back