Best way to handle multiple Qobuz accounts?

BillSJC

I'm a Sonos refugee, checking out the Wiim ecosystem (bought a couple Wiim Pros, set the first one up yesterday).

We have a Qobuz Family membership with multiple user accounts (one per family member). With Sonos we could add multiple accounts to the system; each person had their own space of playlists, favorites, etc.; Can we do anything like that with Wiim players? I saw something about having to sign in each player to Qobuz - that would work for the players in personal spaces but it would be awkward to have to keep changing the signed-in account on the players in common areas.

Are any improvements in this space planned?

Do you run a music server or only use streaming services?
An LMS server will handle multiple Qobuz accounts. Not sure whether Roon does but probably. Plex does not. DLNA servers tend not to support online music services in this way.
If you use streaming services only and WiiM app then I think some users will have to resort to using their Qobuz app and casting direct to the WiiMs Chromecast interface i.e. outside the app. As far as I know the app only supports one account.

Back