Beta Test: USB Output (Feature now publicly available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know about gen 5. That could be the issue. WiiM’s usb might have some incompatibility. Ask Schiit.
I'll give that a try. I have a couple of other Schiit DAC's so I'll have to see what USB type they have. The Bifrost and Yggy both have Gen5.

There isn't any setting for the USB output rate in my app. That is only available for coax and optical. The app only allows USB to be chosen as the output. I tried a different DAC and also a different USB cable but it still only plays at CD quality.
Ah you’re right. Now I need to double check what quality my Pontus DAC is getting!

Unison only on recent gens. Do you have Urd?
I have the Yggy with Gen5 and the original Bifrost that I did a USB upgrade for and I think that is Gen5 also (this is the OG Bifrost, not 2). I also have a Modi Multibit that has Unison so I'm going to try that right now and see if that makes any difference.

I have the Yggy with Gen5 and the original Bifrost that I did a USB upgrade for and I think that is Gen5 also (this is the OG Bifrost, not 2). I also have a Modi Multibit that has Unison so I'm going to try that right now and see if that makes any difference.
If MMB2 yes. I have that and works fine with ultra. USB-a to USB-c.

If MMB2 yes. I have that and works fine with ultra. USB-a to USB-c.
Well I just tried the Modi Multibit 2 that has Unison and it worked fine. So I guess it is the Gen5 that doesn't play well with the Ultra.

Well I just tried the Modi Multibit 2 that has Unison and it worked fine. So I guess it is the Gen5 that doesn't play well with the Ultra.
There you go. Glad it’s sorted. Get the Unison and do not look back. :)

There you go. Glad it’s sorted. Get the Unison and do not look back. :)
Thanks. I passed on Unison when I bought the Yggy (which was about a month ago). Then when the Ultra came out with USB I decided I would get Unison but when the USB didn't work then I held off. But now it looks like I should just go ahead and order it.

Thanks. I passed on Unison when I bought the Yggy (which was about a month ago). Then when the Ultra came out with USB I decided I would get Unison but when the USB didn't work then I held off. But now it looks like I should just go ahead and order it.
Given that you are a Mike Moffat fan… I suggest you compare Ultra coax vs USB on your MMB2 and let me know what you think. 😊

And do not forget… the MMB2 needs (like the Yggy) to be on 24/7 and on for at least a few days to sound their best.

Last edited:
Hi,

We'll be closing this thread since this feature has been released. If you'd like to continue talking about it, please refer to the "Features" section of the forum. Linked below.

Thanks,
WiiM Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back