Can WiiM Amp be used without the app?

rek2575

Can WiiM Amp be used without the app?

For example, I want to be able to hook up my TV to the WiiM (via optical/toslink), turn on my TV, and adjust volume using the WiiM remote control (or TV remote?), completely without using the app. Is that possible? (I assume there is an initial set-up involving the app, but once everything is set up, I want to be able to use the WiiM Amp for TV without using app at all.)

I use it every day as the hdmi output from our TV. Only time I use the app is when I need to switch to input from the turntable. Would use the auto detect line in but that seems flakey and switches over even when turntable not switched on (unless they’ve since fixed that?)

I use it every day as the hdmi output from our TV. Only time I use the app is when I need to switch to input from the turntable. Would use the auto detect line in but that seems flakey and switches over even when turntable not switched on (unless they’ve since fixed that?)

Thank you, this is exactly the confirmation I was hoping to get. Having to use the app for basic things like Amp on/off or TV volume control would be a deal-breaker for me.

I rarely use the app, as the various music apps on my phone see it to connect to.

After an initial configuration, I find the Amp´s provided remote is quite practical to use and responsive.. you can turn on/off, change source, volume, mute.. that's about anything you might need.

Back