Can Wiim Amp ungroup itself upon TV starting?

monkeyboy72

Hi, if I'm listening to music in multi room (living room and kitchen), then turn the tv on the Wiim amp correctly stops the music and switches itself to HDMI input.
The movie etc starts and there is a lip sync problem and I remember then to go back into the app and ungroup the kitchen and lip sync corrects itself.
I've been through every setting on the app but can't find anything that automatically ungroups the Amp, it's a real bugbear of mine and annoying, am I missing something or just have to live with it?. Thanks.

No way that I've seen. In this case the amp is the parent (group leader / master), right? And the expectation would normally be that whatever the parent is playing would be sent to the group.

Wondering what happens if the kitchen is the parent and the amp gets an hdmi signal?
Should /would that be considered a new source (i.e. the group's parent is no longer the source) and would the amp remove itself from the group?
Will have to try it myself, but I doubt it will.

Hi, if I'm listening to music in multi room (living room and kitchen), then turn the tv on the Wiim amp correctly stops the music and switches itself to HDMI input.
The movie etc starts and there is a lip sync problem and I remember then to go back into the app and ungroup the kitchen and lip sync corrects itself.
I've been through every setting on the app but can't find anything that automatically ungroups the Amp, it's a real bugbear of mine and annoying, am I missing something or just have to live with it?. Thanks.

If Amp is a "child", it should be auto ungrouped. If I remember correctly.

I wonder how the forthcoming persistent groups feature might affect this, given wiim's assertion "...you don't need to know which device is the group main device, as any device can play the same music."

I don’t think persistent groups will impact the behaviour for the sources mentioned by WiiM in https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/beta-test-wiim-persistent-group.4920/post-83436, in that the Amp will in effect get a tap on the shoulder to say take its input from the tv while the others in the group carry on as before.

(PS I still have to try the sources WiiM mention to verify what they say should happen…)

Back