Can't add Wiim Pro to Google Home

chorchie

Hi, I just received my Wiim Pro and Mini and I am beyond frustrated with this system. I will break down my other problems once I get the Google Home issue resolved. When I try to add it to Google Home, it says that it finds a Chromecast device, but when I try to add it, I get the following error:

Screenshot_20230502-123018.png

Anyone have a solution for this? I have rebooted and also made sure that the Pro is renamed with Home in the Wiim app.

Thanks,
David

Oh wait, it just suddenly showed up in Google Home...not sure why now, but it's there.

Next issue, is it not possible to make a speaker group with a Wiim Pro and Mini? Can that only be done through the Wiim app?

The Wiim app is very buggy...either it doesn't link the pro and the mini, or if it does, I get no audio out of the mini even though the controls on the mini will control the audio that is being streamed to it. Any thoughts with that?

Also, when playing music to the Wiim from Spotify or YouTube Music, it shows no music selected in the Wiim app...

Thanks!

Oh wait, it just suddenly showed up in Google Home...not sure why now, but it's there.

Next issue, is it not possible to make a speaker group with a Wiim Pro and Mini? Can that only be done through the Wiim app?

The Wiim app is very buggy...either it doesn't link the pro and the mini, or if it does, I get no audio out of the mini even though the controls on the mini will control the audio that is being streamed to it. Any thoughts with that?

Also, when playing music to the Wiim from Spotify or YouTube Music, it shows no music selected in the Wiim app...

Thanks!
You can make a group with the Pro and the Mini in the Wiim app, then select music to play. It should then appear as a single group, so I don’t understand what you mean by the controls on the mini - do you mean the physical device? Before you group, can you play music to mini or pro without issues?

You can also group them using airplay 2 from an iOS device and stream music from there to both, or you can group them in an Alexa multi room music group in the alexa app and play to that group from Amazon music and Spotify.

When you say you’re playing to the Wiim using Spotify or YouTube music, are you referring to the mini, pro or both, and how are you playing, using Bluetooth, Spotify Connect, Chromecast or AirPlay?

I have a similar issue. Everything worked great initially with a Google Home Mini controlling the WiiM Pro, but it stopped working. I factory reset the WiiM Pro, but it shows in Google Home as a local device, and doesn't appear in the list for default speaker or speaker group.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527-200953.png
    Screenshot_20230527-200953.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 2
I have a similar issue. Everything worked great initially with a Google Home Mini controlling the WiiM Pro, but it stopped working. I factory reset the WiiM Pro, but it shows in Google Home as a local device, and doesn't appear in the list for default speaker or speaker group.

Any suggestions?
Hi Apro,

Please try the following steps to create a speaker group and let us know if it works for you:

a. Make sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi or linked to the same account as your Chromecast, or speaker or display.

b. Open the Google Home app.

c. At the top left, tap Add and then Create speaker group.

d. Tap each device you want to add to the group. A check will appear next to each device you select.

e. Tap Next, enter a name for your group, and save.

Yes, I tried this. The Google speaker was in the list, but not WiiM Pro.

I believe I fixed this, by moving the WiiM Pro in the Google Home app, into the room with the Google Home Mini. It looked like it was going move it out of the home, but then listed the existing rooms in the home. Now it works ok. I'm still not sure why it stopped working, originally.

Back