Casting iPhone audio to WiiM Pro

phiba

I just got my Wiim Pro. Is it possible to cast all audio from my iPhone to the WiiM, or is it a function of the app I am using? For example, in the Amazon Music app, I have an option to connect to Airplay and select the WiiM device. But in my Radio Francaise app, I do not have this option. Is it a connection I can make in my iOS Settings?

I just got my Wiim Pro. Is it possible to cast all audio from my iPhone to the WiiM, or is it a function of the app I am using? For example, in the Amazon Music app, I have an option to connect to Airplay and select the WiiM device. But in my Radio Francaise app, I do not have this option. Is it a connection I can make in my iOS Settings?
For Amazon, I'd recommend enabling Amazon Alexa at the very bottom of the music services list.
Note that this is not Alexa as such, just registering your wiim with amazon so you can alexacast to it, rather than airplay to it.
*unless in your physical location Amazon doesn't allow casting this way.

Have you enabled chromecast on the wiim? Maybe some other services you use support chromecast? Although... does that work from an ios device?

I have not enabled Chromecast yet. I wasn’t sure what it would do. I will try it and see.

I'm using Airplay to cast from the songs in Apple Music on my phone (preferred due to play count stats & playlists) without too many issues, so I would expect you can do this for the Radio Francaise app. Whilst it's playing use the circular Airplay icon and your Wiim Pro should show up, just select it to cast.

Just be aware, it seems Apple have IOS set up to disconnect from Airplay rather too quicky for my liking when there's no output (eg when stopped/paused).

I got round this by adding a Shortcut button on the phone that's programmed to reconnect to my Wiim & resume playback. I added a link to shortcut on my lock screen, it works a treat.

Of course I'd prefer IOS wasn't so quick to disconnect but Googling the issue it seems it's a common problem with no solution.

Back