Chaining Wiim Amp doesn't work

beglight

I have two Wiim Amps. Sitting side by side. Each Amp is connected to a set of 2 speakers. Those sets of speakers are in 2 different zones. I can stream music from YouTube Music to either of those Wiim Amps. No problem there. But, I would like to "chain" these two Amps so that all 4 speakers (2 in each zone) play the same tune. I found instructions how to. Basically, while streaming music to either of the Amps, you can click the "chain" icon top right and add the other Amp so that they all play the same music synchronously. And, that's where the problem is. It wouldn't work. The first Amp I am streaming music to continues to play, but the second Amp I just chained/linked to doesn't. If I start with the other Amp first and change the order, this time the first one I am streaming to continues to play, but the second one I am connecting to doesn't. Basically, the same behavior.

What am I missing? I would like to be able to stream the same music to multi zones. How can I do so?

Okay, thank you, Burnside. I am on Google Home. Trying to create a Group per your suggestion. However, Wiim Amps wouldn't show up. I only see an old Google Chromecast and a Google mini. (However, when I am on YouTube music, I have no issues streaming to Wiim Amps).

Can you please guide me what I should do next?

In the WiiM Home app, choose your first device then its settings cog. On the settings page, scroll down to Chromecast Audio then select it to enable your Amp as a Chromecast device. Repeat that for the other device. Although they may not immediately appear in the Google Home app (they did for me but for some they don’t for some reason), once they do you should be able to add them to a room in the google home app and after that, create a group there with them.

Okay, I believe I don't have issues with Chromecast being enabled on both Wiim Amps. Screenshot attached. The issue I am facing is, even though I can see both of these Amps on Google Home, they wouldn't show up when I want to create a speaker group. All screenshots attached. Can you please take a look?
Screenshot_20240819_164535_Home.jpg

Screenshot_20240819_164658_Home.jpg

Screenshot_20240819_164713_Home.jpg

Screenshot_20240819_164418_WiiM Home.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240819_164713_Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_164713_Home.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2
Don't make us guess if Kitchen and Patio might be the names of your WiiM Amps or not. :)

If so, add them to a Home and a Room, first.

lol, I think that's my issue then. Yes, they are my Amps' names.

Silly question -- how do I add them to a Home and a Room? Excuse the newbie questions. Thanks for your help.

Silly question -- how do I add them to a Home and a Room? Excuse the newbie questions. Thanks for your help.
It's a Google Home thing. Do it just like you added a speaker called "Dining Room speaker" into a room called "Dining Room". :D

I can't remember the exact sequence. Google is making changes to the app every other day and I cannot remember which exact button to click.

I think you first click on each Amp and then get an option to add it to a room.

Last edited:
Back