Change the status light behaviour please

Fralle

Second post about this, but instead of just complaining I have a request. Could you please update the options for how the status light is used? There are several issues currently. Firstly, the light when the player is on is far too bright. In a dark room, the red light from the optical input is so strong that it distracts me when watching TV, even hurts my eyes in some angles. I know that the status light can be turned off completely – and in a previous thread on this topic, I received exactly that advice – but the problem then is that I have no idea if it's on or not. Currently, I can determine this by kneeling down and checking carefully, which is not without effort as I find the light in standby mode still strong enough that it's difficult to tell. It's absolutely essential for me to know if it’s on or off. I have a one-year-old at home who loves to turn the amplifier's volume to max, turn on the amplifier, or grab the remote and turn on the TV. Because of this, I need to quickly know if the Wiim is on or not – otherwise, it only takes a moment of turning my back and she could blow the speakers, and her hearing at that.

In my previous post, I understood that the preference for the status light behavior was split about 50-50 and some seem to love how it works now. To me it is very strange ideed since all other devices I have at home emit a faint red light when in standby mode – and this is my suggestion. Could you not add an option for those of us who want the Wiim to emit a faint red light when it is off, and for the status light to be completely off when it is on? This way I would know for sure if its in standby and I can go back to watching TV from my favorite position.

Back