Coaxial 'pop' no matter what...

iddison68

Tried everything with my fully updated 2 month old Wiim Pro plus from changing amps, connections, power supply and resync delay feature for the dac and nothing. Popping when going into standby and sometimes when waking. Only happens over Coaxial. I cannot find a solution. I have had to start a return with the dealer for an exchange. I use an SMSL AO-300 amplifier and also Aiyima A07 MAX Monoblocks. Has anyone had this issue and successfully resolved it or do I have a faulty unit which I think I have as I cannot find a solution regardless of all known remedy...?

Reactions: edu
Tried everything with my fully updated 2 month old Wiim Pro plus from changing amps, connections, power supply and resync delay feature for the dac and nothing. Popping when going into standby and sometimes when waking. Only happens over Coaxial. I cannot find a solution. I have had to start a return with the dealer for an exchange. I use an SMSL AO-300 amplifier and also Aiyima A07 MAX Monoblocks. Has anyone had this issue and successfully resolved it or do I have a faulty unit which I think I have as I cannot find a solution regardless of all known remedy...?
Can you please enable the "Fixed Resolution" setting in the WiiM Home App to see if it helps? Here are the steps:
  1. Open the WiiM Home App.
  2. Go to the Device tab.
  3. Tap the 'Device Setting Gear' icon.
  4. Select Audio Settings.
  5. Choose SPDIF or Coax Output Resolution.
  6. Set it to Fixed Resolution.

1719916029463.jpeg

Can you please enable the "Fixed Resolution" setting in the WiiM Home App to see if it helps? Here are the steps:
  1. Open the WiiM Home App.
  2. Go to the Device tab.
  3. Tap the 'Device Setting Gear' icon.
  4. Select Audio Settings.
  5. Choose SPDIF or Coax Output Resolution.
  6. Set it to Fixed Resolution.

View attachment 8638
Hi
First of thanks for getting back in touch. I have executed all the above commands and I’m afraid the pop is still there on entering standby mode over coaxial and optical connections. RCA is not affected. It has actually worsened over 24 hours and so I have returned the unit to the dealer for either repair or replacement.

Popping when going into standby and sometimes when waking. Only happens over Coaxial. I cannot find a solution. I have had to start a return with the dealer for an exchange. I use an SMSL AO-300 amplifier and also Aiyima A07 MAX Monoblocks.

Is the amplifier the cause of that pop noise? Can you connect other devices to the AO-300 for testing?

Back