Connected to a not very performing amplifier... the sound is very closed but soon I will connect it to a higher level dac\amp.

My project is to connect Wiim ultra to the Dac Mission e778X...
The Mission 778x is superb for the price. Its onboard DAC is the same chip as you will find in the WiiM Amp. The one in the Ultra from the same manufacturer is supposed to be ever so slightly better. I’m using a Raspberry Pi with USB out to the Mission. Sounds superb.

Surely the Wiim will be much more enjoyable and the listening experience will improve a lot with a DAC like the Mission because with my current vintage amplifier the Wiim does not express all its potential at its best.

I have the same issue, So I connected USB B directly to Topping E30 II Dac to get AKM signature sound and then connected to line in of WiiM Amp to get PEQ, Room correction and Subwoofer out. You may be critical to connect so, but I found no other choice to get all above mentioned features I like in Wiim ecosphere.
BTW once the USB out with parallel subwoofer option available as promised by WiiM developer team, I will run by the above method.
I am very please with the DAC analogue out then redigitalizing for the facilities. Someone who is knowledgeable how much quality degradation may happen in this.
Keep in mind that I found no other way to get UAPP to play in actual footprint (Hz, bit rate) and sending the best available signals to WiiM..

Surely the Wiim will be much more enjoyable and the listening experience will improve a lot with a DAC like the Mission because with my current vintage amplifier the Wiim does not express all its potential at its best.
Yes.
But the DAC chip inside the Mission is said to be marginally inferior to the chip in the Ultra

I have the same issue, So I connected USB B directly to Topping E30 II Dac to get AKM signature sound and then connected to line in of WiiM Amp to get PEQ, Room correction and Subwoofer out. You may be critical to connect so, but I found no other choice to get all above mentioned features I like in Wiim ecosphere.
BTW once the USB out with parallel subwoofer option available as promised by WiiM developer team, I will run by the above method.
I am very please with the DAC analogue out then redigitalizing for the facilities. Someone who is knowledgeable how much quality degradation may happen in this.
Keep in mind that I found no other way to get UAPP to play in actual footprint (Hz, bit rate) and sending the best available signals to WiiM..
Obviously if you want the WiiM to do any DSP then you must use its internal DAC chip and connect to your amp with line out.

Obviously if you want the WiiM to do any DSP then you must use its internal DAC chip and connect to your amp with line out.
No. The DSP work on the data stream before the DAC and do also modify any digital output.

DSP may use functions of the DAC chip or it may be a dedicated programmable chip of its own but no need to convert to analog to make it work.

Last edited:
Back