Does Optical Passthrough unaltered?

Yes, if you don’t apply eq/peq, variable volume, volume limit etc I.e. if you don’t apply anything that changes it.

No. It's unaltered for a limited time only due to the fifo reclocking. I assume here that the behavior remains the same as before.

On the other hand it's quite complex thing, so an answer "yes" is also justified. As long as the fixed resolution resampling is not used.

Thanks guys so if I keep the WiiM Pro set to the same 16-bit, 44.1kHz as my source I should be okay?

As an experiment I played with variable volume and EQ when I first got my WiiM Pro last year (connected via coaxial digital to an Onkyo TX-SR805 AVR) and all sample rates remained unchanged according to the receiver's front panel display, which shows the incoming sample rate but not bit-depth. Normally I leave it at a fixed volume with no EQ but I just wanted to see if doing so would force it to a fixed sample rate and it does not.

As an experiment I played with variable volume and EQ when I first got my WiiM Pro last year (connected via coaxial digital to an Onkyo TX-SR805 AVR) and all sample rates remained unchanged according to the receiver's front panel display, which shows the incoming sample rate but not bit-depth. Normally I leave it at a fixed volume with no EQ but I just wanted to see if doing so would force it to a fixed sample rate and it does not.
Thanks for sharing your experience, when my new Pro arrives in a few days I’ll have some fun playing around with it.

Back