Does this make sense?

Papaya

Hi everyone!

I’ve been a long-time Wiim fan, and I think the products they make offer the best value for money when it comes to streamers.

However, I’ve reached a crossroads. Right now, I have both a soundbar and a stereo system. Currently, the soundbar is connected to my TV via HDMI ARC, and my Wiim Pro is connected to the TV via optical.

This setup gives me the flexibility to use both the soundbar with Hdmi-arc and my tv-> optical -> Wiim Pro -> external DAC -> stereo amplifier with my TV. So, is this the best of both worlds?

My question is: am I just suffering from “gear-lust,” or would it make sense to upgrade to the Wiim Ultra? The idea would be to take the HDMI ARC input from the TV, split it into optical output from the Ultra to the soundbar (since the DAC in the Ultra would be better than the one in the soundbar), and use the coaxial/USB output from the Ultra to my external DAC when listening through my stereo. Does this make sense?

Let me know if this sounds right to you!

I'd say replace the soundbar with a AVR and speaker system at least 5.1, adding speakers to your existing stereo setup.

You would need to replace the wiim with an integrated amp with one with HT inputs, unless the Wiim offers that.

I'd say replace the soundbar with a AVR and speaker system at least 5.1, adding speakers to your existing stereo setup.

You would need to replace the wiim with an integrated amp with one with HT inputs, unless the Wiim offers that.
Yeah. I was thinking of the Marantz stereo 70’s for that purpose. As surround sound is not that important to me. Two speakers and potentially a sub would do the job.

Probably easier to just get an avr, a speaker switch for now.

I mean an amplifier swtich, two amps, for one pair of speakers

Back