Dolby audio codecs processing and sound virtualization

aguzz132

It would be great if you could add Dolby codec processing through the HDMI input, similar to what the new Marantz M1 offers. Additionally, considering that product, it would be a good feature to include a sound virtualization option for watching movies and series (this feature seems to be very well executed in the M1 as different reviews are suggesting). This would help position the Wiim Ultra as a more suitable option for home theater, at least in terms of audio processing (maybe video processing could be considered for the second generation of the Ultra?).

It would be great if you could add Dolby codec processing through the HDMI input, similar to what the new Marantz M1 offers. Additionally, considering that product, it would be a good feature to include a sound virtualization option for watching movies and series (this feature seems to be very well executed in the M1 as different reviews are suggesting). This would help position the Wiim Ultra as a more suitable option for home theater, at least in terms of audio processing (maybe video processing could be considered for the second generation of the Ultra?).
Ultra also supports Dolby Audio input, can you tell me what is different from M1?

Ultra also supports Dolby Audio input, can you tell me what is different from M1?
Thanks for the info! I don't own a Wiim Ultra yet, which is why I had these questions. I couldn't find details about codec support on Wiim's official website. Could you tell me where in the Wiim options you find the codec support, and which Dolby codecs are supported? The Marantz M1 stands out to me because it has a also the virtualization surround feature that seems to work really well for a cinema experience.

Thanks for the info! I don't own a Wiim Ultra yet, which is why I had these questions. I couldn't find details about codec support on Wiim's official website. Could you tell me where in the Wiim options you find the codec support, and which Dolby codecs are supported? The Marantz M1 stands out to me because it has a also the virtualization surround feature that seems to work really well for a cinema experience.
It does appear that the M1 has a virtual surround mode. My AVR also has a virtual mode, but I have never found it great. Maybe @Achim1811 who has experience testing the M1 might know something.

I don't think the Ultra spec sheet mentioned any codecs, but in my tests with FireTV, playback was possible with FireTV audio output set to Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby Digital.

He also stated that the WiiM team is developing 4.1-channel surround sound playback in multi-room groups using satellite speakers in the future. Whether this will happen or not is not known, but when completed, it will create a non-virtual surround system.
However, I have not seen the support team mention it since this post.

It does appear that the M1 has a virtual surround mode. My AVR also has a virtual mode, but I have never found it great. Maybe @Achim1811 who has experience testing the M1 might know something.

I don't think the Ultra spec sheet mentioned any codecs, but in my tests with FireTV, playback was possible with FireTV audio output set to Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby Digital.

He also stated that the WiiM team is developing 4.1-channel surround sound playback in multi-room groups using satellite speakers in the future. Whether this will happen or not is not known, but when completed, it will create a non-virtual surround system.
However, I have not seen the support team mention it since this post.
Perfect thanks for the responses! :D

Sound with FLAC is brilliant. As it was with my Pro Plus.
Usability with HEOS is a desaster.
No idea how it performs with Dolby formats or so on.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer me.😊

Back