Editable Playlists

NewWiiMii

Hi,
Is it me or is Wiim missing something obvious... I can't edit the order of songs in the playlist. Its easy to add or delete songs, but it seems to be impossible to re-order the songs. This is super frustrating.... I'm trying to put together party mixes, etc., but it seems the only way I can do that is to use a pen and pad of paper? How 20th century!

Help if you can...

Pete

Reactions: rky
Yeah, playlist and queue management are areas that need some improvement - to be honest, it's often not that easy to do that in some streaming services' apps too

Hi Brantome,
Thank you for the reply. It means It's not me! Of course streaming is a different kettle of fish. What I'm interested in is making lists using music on my NAS. But you should take this seriously. SONOS nailed it almost 20 years ago. The MUZO Cobblestone (RIP) about 10 years ago and it was a much smaller company. And I've seen it other places too. You need to do it...

Cheers,
Pete

Hi Brantome,
Thank you for the reply. It means It's not me! Of course streaming is a different kettle of fish. What I'm interested in is making lists using music on my NAS. But you should take this seriously. SONOS nailed it almost 20 years ago. The MUZO Cobblestone (RIP) about 10 years ago and it was a much smaller company. And I've seen it other places too. You need to do it...

Cheers,
Pete
If you are prepared to install LMS and it’s UPnP/DLNA Bridge then the WiiM can be used as an LMS player where the sort of playlist management you are talking about is a given.

Hi Brantome,

Cheers,
Pete

While I may help moderate this forum, I’m not affiliated to or in any way associated with WiiM.

Have you considered perhaps using an app like BubbleUPNP on Android or mConnect on iOS? They may be able to do what you wish and play direct to your WiiM device - I fear it’ll be some time before the WiiM Home app might achieve the maturity of those apps. Indeed, if the Muzo app is still around and supports UPNP, that might even work.

Hi d',
Been there, done that. Like many things Logitech, LMS is sort of dying on the vine. It didn't support Pandora, and its default sorting was random as far as I could tell (it certainly didn't play tracks in the albums' orders. Drove me crazy. And other bugs. Fortunately WiiM is stepping up and fixed a lot of bugs that drove me there in the first place, so overall I'm pretty happy.

Brantome: How do I get a feature request into WiiM? Do they read this? Thanks for being a moderate!

Cheers,
Pete

Hi d',
Been there, done that. Like many things Logitech, LMS is sort of dying on the vine. It didn't support Pandora, and its default sorting was random as far as I could tell (it certainly didn't play tracks in the albums' orders. Drove me crazy. And other bugs. Fortunately WiiM is stepping up and fixed a lot of bugs that drove me there in the first place, so overall I'm pretty happy.

Brantome: How do I get a feature request into WiiM? Do they read this? Thanks for being a moderate!

Cheers,
Pete
You could post in the feature request subforum as well as using the feedback section under settings in the WiiM Home app to raise a feature request ticket :)

Hi d',

Cheers,
Pete
Sorry but you are wrong. Provided your tags are correct LMS produces album track lists in the right order. I’ve never used it but I also think it supports Pandora. It’s definitely not withering on the vine. On the contrary there is constant development. When did you try it?

Sorry but you are wrong. Provided your tags are correct LMS produces album track lists in the right order. I’ve never used it but I also think it supports Pandora. It’s definitely not withering on the vine. On the contrary there is constant development. When did you try it?
Pandora certainly appears as a plug-in in LMS and from the quick look I had, it appears it’s delivered thru mysqueezebox.com where you have to enter your credentials. However, as I’m not in the USA, I don’t get it presented due to regional (un)availability. I think there are a few threads on it in the slimdevices forum.

Plus I‘d add a vote for LMS too - as a relatively recent convert, I use it daily for radio (radio paradise mainly) as well as Qobuz and my NAS library. See https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-pro-raspberry-pi-4-8gb.1150/

Last edited:
Please realise the editable Playing Next overview. If I create this list currently I cannot swap tracks around. It can be as easy as Apple Music does this with some horizontal lines next to the track:

IMG_E9A2DFA91345-1.jpeg

Back