Ethernet drops out

Lejomr

Hi all. I've been enjoying my WPP for over a month now without issues, connecting via WiFi.
Today I connected via ethernet and three problems have arisen:
  1. The ethernet connection drops randomly. Often, but not always, happens when a playing track finishes and a new one starts.
  2. I output via coax. Again randomly the output changes to Line Out so of course the sound disappears.
  3. While I mainly use Qobuz, I also use Spotify from time to time. While connected via ethernet Spotify won't load up at all.
All three problems disappear when I disconnect the ethernet cable.

The problems existed prior to a firmware update today. And they continue after completing the update.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Hi all. I've been enjoying my WPP for over a month now without issues, connecting via WiFi.
Today I connected via ethernet and three problems have arisen:
  1. The ethernet connection drops randomly. Often, but not always, happens when a playing track finishes and a new one starts.
  2. I output via coax. Again randomly the output changes to Line Out so of course the sound disappears.
  3. While I mainly use Qobuz, I also use Spotify from time to time. While connected via ethernet Spotify won't load up at all.
All three problems disappear when I disconnect the ethernet cable.

The problems existed prior to a firmware update today. And they continue after completing the update.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Hi Lejomr,

Please send us a feedback ticket with the WiiM Home App so we can address this issue for you immediately. Thank you for your patience!

Hi Lejomr,

Our Engineering team has reviewed the device log and suspects there may be an issue with your Ethernet port or cable. Could you please test with different Ethernet cables or connect it to different devices? Thank you for your patience.

Hi Lejomr,

Our Engineering team has reviewed the device log and suspects there may be an issue with your Ethernet port or cable. Could you please test with different Ethernet cables or connect it to different devices? Thank you for your patience.
Thanks. I also got an email recommending I reboot both devices. I have done so, and thus far all appears to be well.
Cheers!

Back