External DAC Display

Chazz77

I have the Wiim Pro connected to a Topping E30 DAC using the coaxial output of the Pro. It sounds great, however the Topping displays 00.0 Hz for bit rate. Other streamers the DAC displays correct bitrate. Is this normal?

I have the Wiim Pro connected to a Topping E30 DAC using the coaxial output of the Pro. It sounds great, however the Topping displays 00.0 Hz for bit rate. Other streamers the DAC displays correct bitrate. Is this normal?
reset your pro then run coax at 24/192 and play music on it. It will play music and you will see it on display.

No joy. Rebooted Wiim. Set up using the coax as recommended, same as my initial setup. Amazon displayed 44.1 for a second, then 00.0. Odd as normally Amazon displays 48.1 sample rate which the Wiim app confirms, 48.1. Spotify only displayed 00.0

No joy. Rebooted Wiim. Set up using the coax as recommended, same as my initial setup. Amazon displayed 44.1 for a second, then 00.0. Odd as normally Amazon displays 48.1 sample rate. Spotify only displayed 00.0
Send message via wiim app. They can look at your log and will be able to tell you. Normally, you will get answer within 24 hours.

No joy. Rebooted Wiim. Set up using the coax as recommended, same as my initial setup. Amazon displayed 44.1 for a second, then 00.0. Odd as normally Amazon displays 48.1 sample rate which the Wiim app confirms, 48.1. Spotify only displayed 00.0
Is your DAC definitely in the right mode? The E30 can be in DAC mode or preamp mode. In preamp mode the display shows volume in dB where 0.00 is maximum volume.

Is your DAC definitely in the right mode? The E30 can be in DAC mode or preamp mode. In preamp mode the display shows volume in dB where 0.00 is maximum volume
Agree this sounds like the dac is in preamp mode. To test, grab the remote and press the volume down button key. If the display changes then its in preamp mode. In this mode sampling rate, 16/44.1 for example will pop up when music starts or when the rate changes and the go to the volume display.

When I switched from Toslink out to coax out, it did default to preamp mode. Thanks! I'd never used the pre out with my Chromecast Audio.

Last edited:
Back