External display via HDMI?

LennyBruce

Would love to see the option of connecting an external display via HDMI, that mirror the small display.

Not sure if the hardware is there to do it though?

Maybe some kind of dongle?

Would love to see the option of connecting an external display via HDMI, that mirror the small display.

Not sure if the hardware is there to do it though?

Maybe some kind of dongle?

Can't you just mirror your phone or tablet screen to TV?

To be honest, I can't think of a scenario where I would operate an Ultra screen while looking at the TV screen...

Can't you just mirror your phone or tablet screen to TV?

To be honest, I can't think of a scenario where I would operate an Ultra screen while looking at the TV screen...
I was thinking more along the lines of a device-wide cast feature (not just the Ultra) so that the now playing appears on the larger screen. The ultra screen is really too small to be of much use - it looks nice, but not much use beyond a couple of metres in reality.

I was thinking more along the lines of a device-wide cast feature (not just the Ultra) so that the now playing appears on the larger screen. The ultra screen is really too small to be of much use - it looks nice, but not much use beyond a couple of metres in reality.

I did not understand what you meant by "device-wide cast". Does it mean that all WiiM devices will have video cast capability so that the same screen as the Ultra can be used on the TV?

The Ultra screen and the operations that can be done with the remote are very limited and I don't see how this would improve convenience.

I mirrored the WHA screen to the FireTV as a test, and if I were to use it, I think that would be sufficient. (However, I am not even sure what is missing because I am not interested. 😅)

1000000934.jpg

I did not understand what you meant by "device-wide cast". Does it mean that all WiiM devices will have video cast capability so that the same screen as the Ultra can be used on the TV?

The Ultra screen and the operations that can be done with the remote are very limited and I don't see how this would improve convenience.

I mirrored the WHA screen to the FireTV as a test, and if I were to use it, I think that would be sufficient. (However, I am not even sure what is missing because I am not interested. 😅)

View attachment 10715
That's what I'd like to see (all devices) but achievable via a cast button (compare how youtube does this via a simple cast icon and a list of cast-able devices, all within the youtube screen). The idea is to free the devices from more cables and would be useful where the Wiim's are located away from the TV.
For someone not interested you're putting in a lot of work to pour cold water on the idea 💦😁

For someone not interested you're putting in a lot of work to pour cold water on the idea 💦😁
You are absolutely right,🤣 but if it is really useful, I would be inclined to use it too. For example, if touch operation were possible on my TV screen, that would be a different story.😄

IMO the screen on the Ultra is just decoration. It's not really useful, compared to the app.

I just think it would be nice to have an option to have a larger display.

Isn't that Google TV? 😁
Please tell me.
I don't have a Google TV, can I use the WiiM app? (But I have never heard of such a story here.)

I would consider buying it if I can control WHA with Google TV remote.

Please tell me.
I don't have a Google TV, can I use the WiiM app? (But I have never heard of such a story here.)

I would consider buying it if I can control WHA with Google TV remote.
Control with the Google TV remote only works if the app has been 'modified' - the standard Android app will work but control is difficult with the remote. Wiim would need to produce a dedicated Google TV version of the WHA.

Control with the Google TV remote only works if the app has been 'modified' - the standard Android app will work but control is difficult with the remote. Wiim would need to produce a dedicated Google TV version of the WHA.
Thanks, I vote for Google TV's WHA.

I am looking for a Bluetooth remote that can comfortably control my tablet from 50cm away, but can't seem to find a good product yet.

I would be happy to wall mount a Google TV about 24" and use WHA.😊

Thanks, I vote for Google TV's WHA.

I am looking for a Bluetooth remote that can comfortably control my tablet from 50cm away, but can't seem to find a good product yet.

I would be happy to wall mount a Google TV about 24" and use WHA.😊
I had a bt remote (forget the name) - it didn't work well 😭

Back