Flashing Red Light when plugged to a 300 Watts 8 Ohms speakers.

markitect

Normally, I use my JBL Stage A130 for the Wiim Amp that works great. One time, I tried the Wiim Amp on a DIY 300 Watts 8 Ohms speaker, around 12 inch in diameter. It works fine for a couple of songs but then it blinks red and I turned off the Wiim after that. Anyone knows why that is? Also, the EQ is set to resemble the V-Shape since that's what my dad likes. For those 300 watts speakers, we usually used a Class A/B amp.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it, it shouldn't be an issue? I mean the worst it can get is that the speaker will output low volumes right?

Normally, I use my JBL Stage A130 for the Wiim Amp that works great. One time, I tried the Wiim Amp on a DIY 300 Watts 8 Ohms speaker, around 12 inch in diameter. It works fine for a couple of songs but then it blinks red and I turned off the Wiim after that. Anyone knows why that is? Also, the EQ is set to resemble the V-Shape since that's what my dad likes. For those 300 watts speakers, we usually used a Class A/B amp.

Correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it, it shouldn't be an issue? I mean the worst it can get is that the speaker will output low volumes right?
Hi markitect,

Can you please send us a feedback ticket through the WiiM Home App so we can troubleshoot this issue?

A blinking red light indicates a possible error in your Amp. One common cause is the impedance of your DIY speaker being much lower than 8 ohms. Try lowering the Amp volume to 50% or less and check if the red light still blinks (please restart the amp by unplugging the power). There might be other issues as well, which we can diagnose further once we receive your feedback ticket.

Hi markitect,

Can you please send us a feedback ticket through the WiiM Home App so we can troubleshoot this issue?

A blinking red light indicates a possible error in your Amp. One common cause is the impedance of your DIY speaker being much lower than 8 ohms. Try lowering the Amp volume to 50% or less and check if the red light still blinks (please restart the amp by unplugging the power). There might be other issues as well, which we can diagnose further once we receive your feedback ticket.
Thank you for your reply, I have sent the ticket with the exact same post.

Back