Gapless playback option

Nedmundo

I know the Pro does the hot grail - gapless playback, but would it be possible to have the option to insert gaps between tracks?

It would make my recording of minidiscs a lot easier.

It is only gapless when the source album is gapless, otherwise there will be gaps between tracks. I’m not sure what you‘re saying or trying to achieve.

So when I record to minidisc from Amazon, because of the gapless playback, my recorder doesn't recognize individual tracks, so I end up with one long track

Are you ripping from Amazon Music Unlimited? I’d doubt WiiM would facilitate that

You need to treat things as if you were recording a physical LP and use appropriate software that will download track listings and split into individual tracks - for example VinylStudio

Hypothetically
Record album to minidisc
Import WAV into VinylStudio
Lookup album from Discogs it will give track names and usually times plus cover art
Adjust track start / ends
Export to individual Flacs

You need to treat things as if you were recording a physical LP and use appropriate software that will download track listings and split into individual tracks - for example VinylStudio

Hypothetically
Record album to minidisc
Import WAV into VinylStudio
Lookup album from Discogs it will give track names and usually times plus cover art
Adjust track start / ends
Export to individual Flacs
Too bad my MD system is a bit before netMD technology :(

Hypothetically, are there any of the supported streaming sources that the Wiim won't support gapless playback on? :D

Casting via chromecast isn't gapless.
Nor does Amazon support it for high resolution - you might get CD quality if you‘re lucky, but more likely lossy SD I’d say. You can always listen offline to hi res downloads in the Amazon Music app though, but they’re DRM protected.

Back