Gapless playback

How do I get Amazon music to play albums gapless on the WiiM app?

If your subscription plan is Unlimited and you are already signed in to Amazon music on the WiiM home app, please enable HD/UHD in your WiiM app settings.

WiiM app > Browse > (Music services) Amazon music icon > Settings > Amazon music HD/UHD

1000001229.jpg

I'd already done that but it's not gapless. On Pink Floyd 'The Wall' for example (where all the songs lead into the next with no gap) there's like a 2 second gap between each song, which kind of ruins the flow of the album.

I'd already done that but it's not gapless. On Pink Floyd 'The Wall' for example (where all the songs lead into the next with no gap) there's like a 2 second gap between each song, which kind of ruins the flow of the album.
My personal preference i want pause when it goes to next track. Gapless is a feature I don’t want. Your miles may vary.

What do you pay for Amazon Music Unlimited I.e. which plan are you on? Does the album show as HD/UHD? Gapless support has been available for Amazon Music on WiiM devices for a couple of years so you shouldn’t have an issue.

How are you playing the album - from the WiiM app, or the Amazon Music app? If the latter, are you using AlexaCast (the round icon), Chromecast (the rectangular icon) or Airplay? Chromecast isn’t gapless so that might be the issue if you’re using that.

Last edited:
Back