Going to be either this or the Ultra

Bozzz

Still waiting for info to come out on it. Price. Possible Apple Music integration. Dac chip. It’s got my curiosity. Will have to wait and see

Attachments

• IMG_3363.jpeg
    IMG_3363.jpeg
    775.8 KB · Views: 70
True. That’s one thing I love and my pro plus. Lots of updates.

Does it support softsqueeze? That is primary requirement.
Given that there's no info available yet as said in the opening post, that's probably best answered on a Shanling forum (if there is one) or maybe even over on slimdevices

I trust WiiM . Difficult for me to switch to a different streamer 😃
I like streamer that get frequent updates not just bug fix but also feature sets that other high price won’t do. Many expensive gear has top notch hardware but lacking skills on software side. Look how much mini has evolve since it was released.

With android you also have the consider app support. At some point your streaming service app may start to function badly because your android version is no longer supported. When looking at that Shanling you might also consider the FIIO R7

With android you also have the consider app support. At some point your streaming service app may start to function badly because your android version is no longer supported. When looking at that Shanling you might also consider the FIIO R7

Also with Android is it bit perfect? As Android system will upsample 44.1khz to 48khz, everosolo had to offload music playback to seperate part

Also with Android is it bit perfect? As Android system will upsample 44.1khz to 48khz, everosolo had to offload music playback to seperate part
You can get around that with a rooted system. And all these Android-variant audio products are rooted and built to purpose. Of course, that means you probably won't know whether the manufacturer is including some horrific security/privacy violations OOTB, or whether there are back doors that will enable others to do so afterwards. Nor would I expect much if any after-sales support for the OS from the manufacturer.

Back