HDMI ARC doesn't start automatically

idluxp

My Wiim ultra is connected to my Philips Google TV. After long standby (1 day) then i start my tv Wiim is also starting (via hdmni arc signal), but no sound from Wiim... I have to press PLAY button to start the sound output from wiim. Is it a feature or bug? It's really annoying! I understand when i have to press PLAY to listen from any streaming service, but from hdmi... Why?

Thank you.

My Wiim ultra is connected to my Philips Google TV. After long standby (1 day) then i start my tv Wiim is also starting (via hdmni arc signal), but no sound from Wiim... I have to press PLAY button to start the sound output from wiim. Is it a feature or bug? It's really annoying! I understand when i have to press PLAY to listen from any streaming service, but from hdmi... Why?
That's certainly not normal operation. While you can mute any input with the pause button, the default is unmuted, of course.

What are your input settings regarding HDMI? Any chance something could be disturbing your touchscreen (don't laugh, we did have a case like that before)?

This might not be relevant since I have a Sony (Google) TV and a Denon Home Amp (it also happened with other amps/streamers), but the Sony would mute the sound and I would have to unmute it when I switched on the TV. The solution was to enable Auto Devices Off in the Sony HDMI settings. You might want to check if your TV has a similar setting.

If you meen HDMI settings in tv - all CEC functions - ON, Wiim - hdmi sense is on. I had Marantz Stereo 70s amplifier and i didn't had any problem with Marantz. Nothing disturbing touchscreen - just clean shelf without anything. I don't use touchscreen.

One more interesting thing - sometimes it's working without any issues, sometimes not...

Sorry for my english.

If you meen HDMI settings in tv - all CEC functions - ON, Wiim - hdmi sense is on. I had Marantz Stereo 70s amplifier and i didn't had any problem with Marantz. Nothing disturbing touchscreen - just clean shelf without anything. I don't use touchscreen.

One more interesting thing - sometimes it's working without any issues, sometimes not...

Sorry for my english.
Can you check the WiiM Ultra's settings as well? In the WiiM App, go to Devices and select the gear symbol for the Ultra. Then Audio Input and see what the settings are under the Audio Input for TV.

You need to have Auto-sensing of HDMI turned on.

Back