Headphone EQ 'App' for Ultra

jeromeof

Major Contributor
Hi,
In preparation for the headphone output on the Ultra I create a simple WebApp to find and manage your headphone EQ and push these to your Wiim Device (I have only tested with a Wiim Mini and a Wiim Pro plus currently as I use them with headphones via an external headphone DAC Amp.

It is a rough POC at the moment but works for me and I thought I would share and get comments.

Basically put in the brand of headphone you are listening too and search for the EQ filters and then apply them to your WiiM device. It works well for me but I only have access to set the 10 band "EQ" HTTP API - I don't have access to or knowledge of the PEQ API (I guess its not public) so I couldn't set these as PEQ filters on EQ filters.

I have a POC of it on my website at the moment -

https://www.pragmaticaudio.com/wiim-headphone-eq/

The idea is to set the IP address of the WiiM device on your network then search for a headphone that you might have connected to the headphone jack and when found “Fetch the EQ and set the EQ bands on the WiiM Device”. If you click save IP it will remember the IP of your WiiM device.

Here it is with my WiiM Pro IP set and after I searched for Hifiman edition XS

PastedGraphic-3.png

Clicking the “Fetch and Save 10 Band EQ to WiiM Device” will set the EQ (assuming the WiiM device is already in Graphical EQ mode). I will either set a unique EQ name based on the headphone or just update the EQ called “Headphones” e.g.

PastedGraphic-2.png

This was just a Quick POC so has lots of limitations:
1. I don’t have access to the LinkPlay API that sets the PEQ filters,I am using the Graphic EQ “API” - and therefore I am only retrieving the 10 band graphical EQ from autoEQ
2. Due to “cors” restrictions (rightly implemented by my WiiM ), I cannot know if I have changed the 10 band eq values correctly - obviously if this code (or similar code) was running inside the Mobile App, it would not have this problem.

All comments welcome !!!

Back