How does connect feature work?

alpha_zulu

Major Contributor
Can someone explain how the connect feature (e.g. Tidal connect) works in detail? Does the app send my request to WiiM and the streamer fetches the song from the Tidal server? Or does the app send my request to the Tidal server and this "recognises" my associated streamer and then sends the song there?

No matter which way round. It doesn't sound very complicated to me (as a layman). That's why I wonder why Qobuz connect hasn't been ready for ages.

Can someone explain how the connect feature (e.g. Tidal connect) works in detail? Does the app send my request to WiiM and the streamer fetches the song from the Tidal server?
Exactly.

No matter which way round. It doesn't sound very complicated to me (as a layman). That's why I wonder why Qobuz connect hasn't been ready for ages.
I can't judge. :) Go, ask Qobuz. You won't be the first to do that, though.

I just want to understand what the challenges are. It's nothing more than "Alexa, play Money for nothing". But without voice recognition, which should make things even easier. Or am I making it all far too easy?

I just want to understand what the challenges are. It's nothing more than "Alexa, play Money for nothing". But without voice recognition, which should make things even easier. Or am I making it all far too easy?
I think at this point it's probably more about getting a connect method to work in a way that no one has the patent for, to avoid having to pay licensing or being sued. 🙄

Yes, they will have to come up with their own code!

It's not just "Make it so!" ;)

Are you a developer? ;)

As an ex-programmer (what developers were called in ye olden days), I cringe when I see statements like “isn’t it just a line of code” or similar… 😂😂

Back