How is switching sources handled between streaming and source in

p3numbra

Hi, im thinking if this device is right for me but im kind of puzzled with "source" switching, because i would like to avoid using remote.

My setup will be following TV ---toslink--> wiim pro plus --RCA OUT--> AMP --> speakers. When setting device up, i will select optical input as input source and audio out as output. My question is if my tv is off, and i stream spotify to wiim, then i turn on tv, how will this be handled and what source will continue playing? Also, when tv is on and wiim is using toslink as input, what will happen if i start streaming spotify to wiim, and then i pause? How will this source switching be handled?

Currently, im using raspberry pi + moode audio that goes into smsl sanskrit DAC and then if i want spotify i switch source to usb, and if i want TV i switch source to toslink on DAC.

How is this handled on wiim pro plus?

Hi, im thinking if this device is right for me but im kind of puzzled with "source" switching, because i would like to avoid using remote.

My setup will be following TV ---toslink--> wiim pro plus --RCA OUT--> AMP --> speakers. When setting device up, i will select optical input as input source and audio out as output. My question is if my tv is off, and i stream spotify to wiim, then i turn on tv, how will this be handled and what source will continue playing? Also, when tv is on and wiim is using toslink as input, what will happen if i start streaming spotify to wiim, and then i pause? How will this source switching be handled?

Currently, im using raspberry pi + moode audio that goes into smsl sanskrit DAC and then if i want spotify i switch source to usb, and if i want TV i switch source to toslink on DAC.

How is this handled on wiim pro plus?
Enable Auto-sensing in the WiiM Home App to automatically switch inputs.

Hi, thanks for quick response, i already saw that but it said it will switch if there is no input for 15 seconds (so basically wiim is in standby). So my question is if i stream spotify and tv is off, and then i turn tv on, will it just switch it to tv or i will need to stop spotify, wait some time and wiim will start playing tv?

I mean, i dont think there is "right" way to do this, just want to know how is handled.

Hi,

My experience with the WiiM amp is that when Spotify is playing, if I stop the music and then turn on the TV, it automatically switches to the optical input via auto sensing.

Also, if I connect to the WiiM via Spotify connect (Or play Spotify) when the TV is on, the input switches automatically. In this case, the TV remains on and continues to play, but no TV audio is output.

Ok, cool. That is what I was expecting. Thanks!

I mean, I dont mind my current setup, moode audio is very nice software and i use it for spotify/radio/NAS playback, and im happy with my DAC but it would be nice to streamline everything because my wife hates using all those remotes...

Also, global EQ is just icing on cake. On moode you have camilaDSP, and that is ok for that source only, but i cant do anything with TV signal. With wiim plan is to play with PEQ and have everything in one box that just works so i get 👍 for wife approval factor.

Thanks again!

Ok, cool. That is what I was expecting. Thanks!

I mean, I dont mind my current setup, moode audio is very nice software and i use it for spotify/radio/NAS playback, and im happy with my DAC but it would be nice to streamline everything because my wife hates using all those remotes...

Also, global EQ is just icing on cake. On moode you have camilaDSP, and that is ok for that source only, but i cant do anything with TV signal. With wiim plan is to play with PEQ and have everything in one box that just works so i get 👍 for wife approval factor.

Thanks again!

One thing should be noted.

Because WIIM's auto-sensing operates after it senses the input signal, it does not switch at the same time the TV is on. There is actually a few seconds of silence, followed by sound from the speakers.

Switching to streaming, on the other hand, is instantaneous. 😄

One thing should be noted.

Because WIIM's auto-sensing operates after it senses the input signal, it does not switch at the same time the TV is on. There is actually a few seconds of silence, followed by sound from the speakers.

Switching to streaming, on the other hand, is instantaneous. 😄
Yeah, that wont bother me much. Tv has some power on time, then android box has to kick in afterwards, and then I chose app that I want, so i have those 10-15s to spare.

Back