How to access NAS from Wiim Ultra?

Mariohead

Hello,

The title basically explains my problem. I have a Brennan B2 set up as a NAS. How can i access it via the Wiim? Both are connected on the same network. Sorry if this is a newbie question.

Can you expand on what you tried so far ?
NAS on a B2 will give you access to a share \\<ipaddress of B2>\music
You will need user name = root, password = brennan as credentials and set up access in the Wiim Home app.
If you are not using Sonos devices, and have no plans to , then you can enable DLNA on your B2 and the Wiim Home app should be able to see your B2 as a DLNA server

Can you expand on what you tried so far ?
NAS on a B2 will give you access to a share \\<ipaddress of B2>\music
You will need user name = root, password = brennan as credentials and set up access in the Wiim Home app.
If you are not using Sonos devices, and have no plans to , then you can enable DLNA on your B2 and the Wiim Home app should be able to see your B2 as a DLNA server
I tried adding the brennan manually under the “Home Music Share” tab in the Wiim App. I entered the brennan’s IP address, name and password as you wrote above. I got an error message. Although I may have mistakenly typed “Brennan” instead of all small letters. I’ll try the “enable DLNA” method later as that seems to easier. Will update in a bit. Thanks for replying!

On second thought, which among the 2 methods would be better in terms of ease of use?

On second thought, which among the 2 methods would be better in terms of ease of use?
there is no definitive answer. In my view by enabling DLNA you automatically get intuitive views of your collection, Artist, genre etc. but others prefer a physical folder view you get with just NAS
It’s really a case of try it and see.

Was finally able to access my Brennan files via DLNA. Unfortunately no album art is displayed in the wiim. Some art can be seen via the wiim app but not in the wiim’s screen.

Was finally able to access my Brennan files via DLNA. Unfortunately no album art is displayed in the wiim. Some art can be seen via the wiim app but not in the wiim’s screen.
It's likely a limitation of the Brennan, but to double check you could try another app e.g. BubbleUPnP (Android) or mconnect (iOS).

If the WiiM Home app shows artwork on the Now Playing screen then I'm prettty sure the Ultra should too.

where did you rip the audio files on your B2 and what format are they in, MP3, Flac, WAV ?
When you rip on a B2 it initially rips to WAV and stores album art in folder.jpg file in the album folder on disc,
If you are compressing, I.e Flac or mp3, the B2 will automatically compress this when it is “idle” if you have chosen to store your audio in a compressed format.
You can force immediate compression by the “compress now” menu command.
It is only when the audio file is compressed that the album art metadata tag is populated using the contents of the jpg file.

Last edited:
where did you rip the audio files on your B2 and what format are they in, MP3, Flac, WAV ?
When you rip on a B2 it initially rips to WAV and stores album art in folder.jpg file in the album folder on disc,
If you are compressing, I.e Flac or mp3, the B2 will automatically compress this when it is “idle” if you have chosen to store your audio in a compressed format.
You can force immediate compression by the “compress now” menu command.
It is only when the audio file is compressed that the album art metadata tag is populated using the contents of the jpg file.
Most were ripped into FLAC using the Brennan. I also loaded some FLAC files to the Brennan’s hard drive via USB. With the Brennan app, everything is fine, artwork and all.

I only used B2 DLNA with media-monkey as a renderer. It could be, as Simbun suggests, that the B2 DLNA implementation is no presenting album art as expected

Back