How to change accespoint in wiim mini

htb

I have 2 separate rooms with both their own wifi acces point.

When I take my mini to the other room it keeps connected to the first accespoint with a weak signal.
How can i tell my mini to connect to the other accespoint?
It happens not that often so i don't mind if i have to do it manually
Whitout setting up the whole device again.

Maybe i am missing something?

Regards htb

Last edited:
I have 2 separate rooms with both their own wifi acces point.

When I take my mini to the other room it keeps connected to the first accespoint with a weak signal.
How can i tell my mini to connect to the other accespoint?
It happens not that often so i don't mind if i have to do it manually
Whitout setting up the whole device again.

Maybe i am missing something?

Regards htb
There is an option to select AP MAC in the WiiM Home app (WiFi settings) in case you use the same SSID for multiple APs.

I have 3 accespoints

My accespoints have different names
1. fritzbox that is my router.
2. ubiquiti acces point connected with cable
3. Netgear acces point also connected with cable

My mini is connected to fritzbox
Selecting AP MAC shows only the fritzbox (to witch it is connected)
the other acces points are not visible althoug i stand next to it.

On my smartphone or tablet i can easily switch between them.....

I have 3 accespoints

My accespoints have different names
1. fritzbox that is my router.
2. ubiquiti acces point connected with cable
3. Netgear acces point also connected with cable

My mini is connected to fritzbox
Selecting AP MAC shows only the fritzbox (to witch it is connected)
the other acces points are not visible althoug i stand next to it.

On my smartphone or tablet i can easily switch between them.....
Carefully read post #2.
With your phone you don't select an access point. You connect your phone to a different WiFi network.
In your current WiFi environment you have to reset your mini. Selecting a WiFi network is currently only possible during the setup process.
You can start a feature request here in the forum or using the apps feedback functionality. Maybe other users support your somewhat rare usecase and it will be implemented.

Dudu thanx you are richt!!!
I did mean connect to another wifi network.

The mini is portable, so i take it to other locations with another wifi network.

I started a feature request.

Carefully read post #2.
With your phone you don't select an access point. You connect your phone to a different WiFi network.
In your current WiFi environment you have to reset your mini. Selecting a WiFi network is currently only possible during the setup process.
You can start a feature request here in the forum or using the apps feedback functionality. Maybe other users support your somewhat rare usecase and it will be implemented.
This is an issue. I have a wifi booster upstairs but keeps picking up the main router with a weak signal?

I know. But the WiFi network can't be changed. Only the access points in a WiFi network (normally WiFi repeaters) can be selected. It clearly states "If your wireless network is a mesh network".
It is not for network change. It's for AP change in the existing network.

Maybe it will work when you assign the same WiFi network name and credentials to your main router and the booster (repeater).
Booster must have the same SSID - network name, and credentials to work as a booster. Without that it would work as a separate AP.

OK found that but the booster doesn't appear. It is the same reference as main router but with _EXT on the end ??
OK think i,ve cracked it. My phone was picking up the main router. When i changed it to the Booster and ran set up again the app it picked up the Booster. So point to learn is phone or tablet must be on same network connection point !!

Maybe it will work when you assign the same WiFi network name and credentials to your main router and the booster (repeater).
OK think i,ve cracked it. My phone was picking up the main router. When i changed it to the Booster and ran set up again the app it picked up the Booster. So point to learn is phone or tablet must be on same network connection point !!

Back