Ideal WiiM set up for multizone in same open area.

wildcatcott

Hey gang,

I have a wiim amp in my office and love it. I am have an 1k sqft covered deck with three separate living areas. Hot tub zone, lounge area and then outdoor kitchen. I’d like to use wiim amps to set up three zones that can all be synced up at the same time. I’ve seen several post about multi room but this is technically all one area where I want individual zone control, but also be able to have all on at the same time without audio latency issues. Has anyone accomplished this or any advice?

Hey gang,

I have a wiim amp in my office and love it. I am have an 1k sqft covered deck with three separate living areas. Hot tub zone, lounge area and then outdoor kitchen. I’d like to use wiim amps to set up three zones that can all be synced up at the same time. I’ve seen several post about multi room but this is technically all one area where I want individual zone control, but also be able to have all on at the same time without audio latency issues. Has anyone accomplished this or any advice?
So essentially 3 separate amp/speaker setups in one large "room".
Playing individually, no issue at all, naturally.
Grouping in wiim app, well just like any space with multiple speakers there will always be places where the sound from different speakers won't hit your ears in sync.
Depending on the music volume in each area, maybe you'll mostly only hear each zone's music and it'll be the space between zones that'll be more of an issue.

I've got a Wiim pro plus and two Chromcast audio and have used them together in perfect sync with sucess in my home (I've used Bubble UPnP to stream music from my Synology DS182+ NAS on my network). It works realy well as long as you don't play high resolution (like 88, 96, 192 kHz) then you can have some drop outs.
I've also tried to involve a JBL Boombox 3 Wi-Fi, with chromecast built in, that did not sync up that well though, the sync was different from one time to another, so it was not possible to use the sync function in a good way.
I don't think that 1000 sqft should be a problem, with sound delay in the physical room, I think it will work out just fine, since you plan to use 3 Wiim units I guess the risk of any problem is quite low, maybe even high resolution will work out well for you.

Back