I'm guessing you can't stream to two separate systems using 2 outputs?

gavijo70

I like to use RCA to my dynaco sca-35 tube amp and optical to the dac that feeds my NAD receiver. Doesn't seem to work for me. Even when switching outputs in the app. Not using both at the same time, just 2 separate systems in the same cabinet for different types of music. If it's not possible it seems I will return this to Amazon until it matures. It should be simple, as my Sonos connect has been doing this for 10 years.

The OP didn't ask about both at once.

Even when switching outputs in the app. Not using both at the same time
This absolutely should work, and the implication is that one of them does or you'd not have said switching was the issue.
Which one works?

I like to use RCA to my dynaco sca-35 tube amp and optical to the dac that feeds my NAD receiver. Doesn't seem to work for me. Even when switching outputs in the app. Not using both at the same time, just 2 separate systems in the same cabinet for different types of music. If it's not possible it seems I will return this to Amazon until it matures. It should be simple, as my Sonos connect has been doing this for 10 years.
Could you post screenshots of your settings for these use cases and what inputs you also use? There’s no reason it shouldn’t work as you describe. Are your cables ok, firmly seated etc?

My Squeezebox Touch can do that

Doesn't seem to work for me. Even when switching outputs in the app.
The term "even when switching" leaves me a little puzzled. You absolutely must switch from one output to the other manually, as only one is active at any point in time.

Prior to firmware 5.2.624365 the listening queue was abandoned when switching to another output. This should no longer be the case. However, playback of the current title is probably still paused (I didn't try that lately, who can say for sure?), so you might have to hit the play button after switching outputs.

This works for me. I have the RCAs going to a receiver (Yamaha S-701), the USB going to an external DAC, and the optical going to my S-701. I mainly do this just for comparison purposes between the 3 DACs and because I can. If I switch outputs the queue remains. Now if were just easier to switch outputs...

This works for me. I have the RCAs going to a receiver (Yamaha S-701), the USB going to an external DAC, and the optical going to my S-701. I mainly do this just for comparison purposes between the 3 DACs and because I can. If I switch outputs the queue remains. Now if were just easier to switch outputs...
It's not that hard!
Tap the current output in the app's Now Playing screen, choose something else.

Or did you mean from the ultra screen itself?

It's not that hard!
Tap the current output in the app's Now Playing screen, choose something else.

Or did you mean from the ultra screen itself?
If I use the Ultra screen itself you have to confirm switching outputs (and inputs) hopefully this changes in the future. I use the API to switch inputs via Home Assistant, they should expose the output selection via the API as well. So while not "difficult" as defined by you, not ideal or consistent with the changing inputs.

Back