iOS WiiM Home App v2.10.4 Update and Android WiiM Home App v2.10.5 Update - July 11, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the app update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

iOS Release Notes
v2.10.4

What's New:

1. Room Correction Enhancements:
· Added a sound check step for more accurate room correction.
· Improved the algorithm to detect microphone recording failures and provide better user instructions.
2. NAS Enhancements:
· Display high-quality artwork.
· Correctly show artist names.
3. USB Media Library Optimization:
· Improved scanning process.
· Better organization of albums with the same name but different artists.

Bug Fixes:

1. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes for enhanced overall operation.

Android Release Notes
v2.10.5

What's New:

1. Tablet UI: Enhanced support for tablets, providing an improved user experience.
2. NAS Enhancements: Display high-quality artwork; show the correct artist names.
3. USB Media Library Optimization: Improved the scanning process; better organization of albums for the same album with different artists.

Bug Fixes:

1. Qobuz Logout Issue: Fixed the issue preventing logout from Qobuz.
2. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

Last edited:
What I again noticed today is that this update was not shown automatically in my every morning "look for updates" routine from the Play Store. A manually search for "wiim home app" was necessary and then an "update" button appeared. Normal?

What I again noticed today is that this update was not shown automatically in my every morning "look for updates" routine from the Play Store. A manually search for "wiim home app" was necessary and then an "update" button appeared. Normal?
Same here.

Another improvement for app will be to remember where you been before you change input or service you listening before,for instance i enter the folders and subfolders on my server to play songs and if i switch to net radio or move to another wiim player and back to home music share again app will start from begining where my server are and not from last songs that i listening before and i must start all over again to find where i was.On Musiccast Yamaha streamer remember where are you been even if you unplug the player from plug and connected again,and you will back tree by tree to the folder from where are you starting.

Last edited:
Please review the app update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

Android Release Notes
v2.10.5

What's New:

1. Tablet UI: Enhanced support for tablets, providing an improved user experience.
2. NAS Enhancements: Display high-quality artwork; show the correct artist names.
3. USB Media Library Optimization: Improved the scanning process; better organization of albums for the same album with different artists.

Bug Fixes:

1. Qobuz Logout Issue: Fixed the issue preventing logout from Qobuz.
2. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.
I've just applied the Android update and I don't see any difference to the track artist display, nor do I see high resolution artwork for MiniDLNA on the now playing screen, which we assumed (because we're never given any details) would have been pulled from the embedded artwork of the currently playing track.

It looks like you're now using the album artwork from the album listing page rather than from the first track, which is great, but every time I open an album the sort order defaults to Track Number instead of Default, meaning multi-disc albums are incorrectly sorted. I'll send feedback from the app for that bug.

Last edited:
Landscape tablet mode looking better on my Fire HD Max 11 but I’d still like the left/right hand layout for artwork and info that apps like BubbleUPnP manage

IMG_8852.jpeg

I've just applied the Android update and I don't see any difference to the track artist display,
I applied the iOS update and also don't see any difference to the track artist display. Album artist is still shown unless I set the MinimServer upnpCustom property to:

roleType={author}

which was one of the workarounds previously suggested.

I have actually found one excellent feature with landscape mode on my Amazon tablet - I’ll try to remember to post pics later.

Back