Mounting the Mini with magnets...

iddison68

Ok, I plan on using an 30mm x 2mm self adhesive N42 Neodymium magnet to mount the Mini onto the side of an amplifier. Will the magnet be detrimental to the Mini in any way i.e. internal chips etc?

Ok, I plan on using an 30mm x 2mm self adhesive N42 Neodymium magnet to mount the Mini onto the side of an amplifier. Will the magnet be detrimental to the Mini in any way i.e. internal chips etc?
Risky! ;)
Why not just a strip of double sided sticky tape. The mini is light, so probably not even the really strong stuff.
I'd have thought a very light dusting of meths should remove any residue without damage if you decide to remove it later.
But don't take my word for it!

Risky! ;)
Why not just a strip of double sided sticky tape. The mini is light, so probably not even the really strong stuff.
I'd have thought a very light dusting of meths should remove any residue without damage if you decide to remove it later.
Yes, I dont fell comfort using magnets either, I will stick with a sticky pad.

Risky! ;)

I've used Sticky Stuff Remover to successfully remove the sticky residue from a variety of things, including the tacky remnants of the rubberised coating on the remote control of my vintage Arcam amp.

1723902198951.png

A quick squirt of WD40 Contact Cleaner does the job too as does Ballistol or even GT40 bike lube.
Magnets is a preferred method for easily relocating the mini but still not willing to risk it yet…

Command sells Command Velcro for mounting pictures.it’s made to be easily removed without solvents, and can hold some weight.

Back