Multiroom Audio from DLNA Server

Ephoras

So, I recently got a Wiim Mini to test if it would work with my DLNA setup and it seems to do exactly what I need.
But before I take the plunge and get multiple Minis/ Amps I would love to check in about Multiroom Audio for my DLNA stream.
Can I output a DLNA playlist to multiple streamers at once and have synced multiroom audio?
I expect the answer to be yes but I would love to be sure :)

I’d perhaps turn that round - a WiiM device in a WiiM device group can request a stream from a dlna server and then distribute that to the other devices in the group. What is your “DLNA setup”?

I’m not familiar with Navidrome but from a quick google, I guess one could view it and the upmpdcli plugin as analogous to LMS (Lyrion (ex. Logitech) Media Server) and its upnpbridge plugin which makes UPnP renderers like the WiiM devices appear to be native LMS players/renderers.

To try out what I believe you’re thinking of, I selected my WiiM mini in the WiiM app and grouped it with my WiiM Ultra and then played an album thru the LMS Material Skin client interface to the Mini which is presented as an LMS player by the aforementioned plugin. The audio was indeed played on both the Mini and the Ultra.

As I say, I’m not familiar with Navidrome but I’d suggest you should get another WiiM device and see if you can replicate what I did with LMS. I’d wager it would work, but I guess if not you could return the new WiiM to the retailer.

I use Navidrome and the subsonic plugin for upmpdcli
What control point are you using?

I've used LMS (Lightweight Music Server) with Symfonium and it works well, but I only have a single Pro.
From memory, when you group WiiMs only a single master is advertised, so to the control point it's business as usual.

The only caveat is that I believe they're limited to a maximum of 16/48 when grouped.

Back