Multiroom experience with WHA + WiiM + other linkplay devices? 🏠

BowsAndArrows

Ok, so I've been wanting to expand my WiiM setup so I can have multiroom for a while now. So far I've been waiting for WiiM mini v2 or micro, wanting to keep everything cohesive and because of the WiiM team's impressive track record with software updates etc.... đź‘Ź

However in the mean time I have noticed that the team is focused on expanding their hardware offerings, and so maybe it's better to shop around (possibly even for just regular DLNA streamers with the new DLNA cast feature coming soon to WiiM - but i digress). There are many streamers available at different price points with linkplay built-in that should technically work with the WHA etc. For example:

- iEAST AUDIOCAST M5 - €35 (wifi-only) ; AUDIOCAST M50 - €70
- ARYLIC S10 - €70-80
- DAYTON AUDIO WBA51 - €85
- CLOUDYX CL-BOX - €90
- more expensive models like ARYLIC S50 PRO+ (€150), AUNE S10N (€700)

the main feature that would draw me to one of the streamers over the WiiM mini is the option of wired ethernet connection. but an improved DAC for a similar price to the mini could also sway me as 2 of the 3 speakers i want to add to the multiroom setup would use the 3.5mm connection. i don't really care about bluetooth at all.

some of the streamers use rebadged linkplay apps (4stream + arylic; iEAST + aune;) but some use either the current WHA (cloudyx) or the legacy one (Dayton audio).

TL;DR: My question is this: does anyone have experience integrating multiple of these linkplay devices in a multiroom setup with other WiiM devices?? if so have you had any issues using/managing the devices with the WHA? does sync and all that work as expected?

I had no.idea this was such a well supported ecosystem.

I have also found the Audiocast devices on AliExpress and have confirmed that the Audiocast app finds my WiiM pro so the reverse should also apply.

Here Randy reviews the Audiocast pro and does state that the WiM app couldn't control the Audiocast.

Last edited:
Even if some worked together now, my concern would be how long that lasted.
Maybe a 2nd hand Pro?
yeh fair enough... but if the CLOUDYX one works with the WHA, then it seems like the sound quality from the 3.5mm output would probably be better, no? and for a good bit cheaper...

Regarding this.. anybody tried to hook up a Wiim mini with a quality BT speaker like a Bose through line in connection? My main system is a WiiM Amp paired with Polks so I was thinking of getting a Mini to bring new life to a Bose Revolve or also a Radio/Ipod dock Phillips for my smaller home office room. Is the signal through 3.5 line good enough for these kind of devices?

Regarding this.. anybody tried to hook up a Wiim mini with a quality BT speaker like a Bose through line in connection? My main system is a WiiM Amp paired with Polks so I was thinking of getting a Mini to bring new life to a Bose Revolve or also a Radio/Ipod dock Phillips for my smaller home office room. Is the signal through 3.5 line good enough for these kind of devices?
I'm sure loads of people are using the mini like this. I know a lot who switched from chromecast audio to the mini.

I think it would work well in your use case. But many have said that the upgraded DAC in the pro plus has a much improved SQ from the analog out. (Vs the mini or the pro).

I had no.idea this was such a well supported ecosystem.

I have also found the Audiocast devices on AliExpress and have confirmed that the Audiocast app finds my WiiM pro so the reverse should also apply.

Here Randy reviews the Audiocast pro and does state that the WiM app couldn't control the Audiocast.
I
Thanks for sharing the video. It seems that the devices should not be expected to integrate well with WHA unless proven otherwise... 🤔

I might give the cloudyx a go since it directs me to the WHA. And seems to have a good balance of features

Back