Music not showing in app

01svtL

Just set up my first Wiim Amp in my office. Pretty frickin amazed with it so far, considering my main is an Anthem MRX540, a pair of DIY Helix MTM and dual subs with a miniDSP.
Anyway, my app shows that it sees 281 songs on my phone, but when I click it, nothing is there. Any ideas?

Is it perhaps seeing 281 files in the music folder but they’re not in a format supported by the WiiM? Can you look at the folder contents on your phone outside the WiiM app to see what type of files they are?

Or it potentially can't read the metadata.

I assume you can see them under 'My Music > Local > Folders'?
What file format are you using?

EDIT: it looks like it uses the filename if no metadata exists, so maybe that's not the problem.

Turns out I can just stream from each of the apps themselves (iTunes library, Vox, iHeart etc). Could my issue with them not showing up in the app be that they are saved in the cloud and not directly on my phone? I’m not seeing a way to check the file type on my phone.

Could my issue with them not showing up in the app be that they are saved in the cloud and not directly on my phone?
Absolutely possible. :)

Which OS and which cloud? I'm surprised that WiiM Home detected these files as music, at all.

Back