my music file size

Icicle works

hi guys
2 qustions from a newbie what the biggest file size you can add to my music ? and also how to you see the files/ link on the pc on the mobile ? hope this make sense
many thanks

There isn't any file size restriction that I'm aware of as all the "my music" function does is show a list of files. As for your second question re local files showing in the desktop WiiM app, you'd need to set up file sharing of some sorts, preferably a UPNP server, so that they can be accessed by other software.

Last edited:
I think this should read "UPnP server". :)

Sonos uses SMB/CIFS to access and index the files. WiiM say SMB support is 'being thought about' for future releases, but this would imply index storage on the WiiM player.

You'll need to look into a suitable DLNA/UPnP server for Windows. The server will index the files for itself. There are plenty to choose from, many free. Asset UPnP seems to be well thought of, but I have no direct experience of Windows-based servers. Others will doubtless have their favorites.

Last edited:
thank you guys in the middle of adding files at the mo one folers is take a long time , i think its too big 408 gig ? and thank you yes ill have a read up on the server thing

If it is a Synology or QNAP NAS (and perhaps others) they have built in UPnP servers that you just need to activate and point at your music files.

The folders should appear as the server indexes them. I've no idea where the Linkstation would put its database but hopefully it's on the disk somewhere. If it's in memory the server will crawl into life like this each time the NAS boots.

The folders should appear as the server indexes them. I've no idea where the Linkstation would put its database but hopefully it's on the disk somewhere. If it's in memory the server will crawl into life like this each time the NAS boots.
I think it is stored as there is a "Refresh Database" option within the DLNA Server setting on the Linkstation but nowhere to set a rescan schedule. The Linkstation is very basic but I was surprised how well it worked when I tried it - at least as bad/good as some of the others you see.

Back