Nas songs to favorites/playlist

Edzius

Hi guys. It seems like there is no option to add songs to playlists or favorites on Wiim pro (only folders have option to light up a star, but not songs). Is there a simple workaround so i do not have to mess with moving songs to one folder from different albums?

Attachments

• IMG_3014.png
    IMG_3014.png
    177 KB · Views: 7
SMB browsing is very limited. Do you have the option to install a media server?

Would LMS also serve the same purpose?

Trying to get it running correctly on my Synology for the same reason but currently struggling to get LMS to see the music directory from inside the Docker container (complete novice when it comes to Docker).

Would minimserver be any better?

Minimserver would be different :) Suits my needs fine.
No reason not to have both running.
LMS can do more than just your local music.
All I can recall about LMS setup is something about using host...?
Wait for the experts to respond!

Minimserver would be different :) Suits my needs fine.
No reason not to have both running.
LMS can do more than just your local music.
All I can recall about LMS setup is something about using host...?
Wait for the experts to respond!
Host mode is need for LMS on Docker iirc…

Would LMS also serve the same purpose?

Trying to get it running correctly on my Synology for the same reason but currently struggling to get LMS to see the music directory from inside the Docker container (complete novice when it comes to Docker).

Would minimserver be any better?
You can't access LMS from within the WiiM Home app as it's a completely separate system, so that's a consideration.
If you like creating playlists then MinimServer is a good choice as the track URLs persist across rescans and rebuilds, unlike some other servers.

Thanks for the responses, my use case is really all about a back up facility to locally browse my 25k+ track collection when I'm in the mood for something specific. Would that make minimserver the better choice?

Day to day, although I'm sure not the best in terms of sound quality (but suits my 50 year old hearing) I run random playlists from my Iphone via Airplay2. (Perhaps I should say I have the Wiim Amp). They have tracks not listened to in the last 2 years refreshed on a weekly basis so I roll round the whole lot within that time frame. The advantage to me is the playcount/last played feature AND that I can just jump in the car & carry on where I left off via Carplay.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks for the responses, my use case is really all about a back up facility to locally browse my 25k+ track collection when I'm in the mood for something specific. Would that make minimserver the better choice?
MinimServer is lightweight, virtually maintenance free and very robust so would be the perfect server for your use case.
MinimServer is included in the Synology app centre, so a nice simple install too!

Yes, after reading more articles here in this forum i have installed minimserver app on my synology nas and now it is working like a charm 👍🏻 thank for the attention 🙂
related question, which Synology NAS should I get? 1300 CDs

MinimServer is lightweight, virtually maintenance free and very robust so would be the perfect server for your use case.
MinimServer is included in the Synology app centre, so a nice simple install too!
Thanks so much for the guidance - I'll install over the weekend & go from there.

related question, which Synology NAS should I get? 1300 CDs
That really depends on budget & use case. Mine is purely for storage access across a number of devices. I don't use it as a backup device as perhaps intended (using RAID to mirror the drives).

1300 CD's wouldn't take up too much space.

I'm running a DS220j with 2 2TB drives and currently not using even 25% of the total available capacity.

If your use case is purely for music services you may find (with a little effort & research) that a Pi attached to an HDD/SSD is far most cost effective.

Thanks again Simburn - I've installed it over the weekend & it couldn't have been much simpler if it tried :) . Also for what I need it for it fits the bill perfectly.

Back