Now playing screen for Android (TV). Anyone interested?

oinivrem

So I made an Android app which is a now playing screen for my wiim pro. It is currently installed on a ultra wide touch screen with a Raspberry Pi using Android, but it can be installed on any Android device, also Android TV.

Please let me know if you are interested, how and on what device you want to use it, and if you would like to pay for such an app.

1000062353.jpg
1000062516.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely would love to test this out. I have a couple of older Android tablets lying around that can't justify getting a raspberry pi and display. Currently using kiwi browser with Wiim watcher extension but would love to test this out

Off course depends on the price. If it is user friendly to install, auto adjusts to different screen sizes without having to go into config files. Usable on multiple platforms. And supported. Then I don't understand why people expect all that stuff for free..

Interested. If the pricing is reasonable per most Android apps (a few bucks), I'd be fine with you charging to supporting your work for a Google/Android TV app. Recommend perhaps setting blurred album art as background. (Check out the Volumio Now Playing plugin) for ideas.

Last edited:
It will be interesting for me if apart for the now playing song could also show:
- current input
- current output
- current volume level/mute
The above information showed on a small additional screen would make a Wiim Amp an interesting product for me.

Very interesting! Obviously needs some customisation options.

And does it have playback control? Or is it only a "one-way" display?

Call me cheap, but a paid-for app is hardly in the spirit of the Wiim user community. 👎👎
What's the difference? Part of the price of any WiiM product is obviously the software. If WiiM themselves came up with a paid app like this, that would be a whole different story :)

Back