Odd network struggles

Hazenhart

I was about to post about how great my newly rebuilt multi-room audio system was, recently divorcing myself from Sonos after more than a decade. But then all of a sudden everything started to fall apart. Any wisdom is appreciated.

Setup:

3x WiiM Pro Plus feeding amps and passive speakers in 3 different rooms.
2x Audio Pro A10Mkii LinkPlay speakers as a stereo pair on the patio.
1x Audio Pro A10Mkii LinkPlay speaker in a room.
Synology NAS for home flac library currently trying out MinimServer.

I had a full house party mode going successfully yesterday prior to migrating my NAS files from an older WD NAS to the Synology, and now today I couldn't get one of the Pro Plus's to group with the others. It doesn't want to play well with the others, whether trying to stream DNLA via the local NAS/MinimServer, or Spotify. Also the MinimServer keeps disappearing from the shares list in the app as well.

Any ideas?

I am not sure how the grouping works with non-WiiM devices. That seems to be something that one might use Roon for.

However, I am now going one 1 week of perfect synchronized music with 8 WiiM Ultras and they have been flawless.

I also left Sonos after nearly 15 years (whenever they started). Don't miss it for a minute now.

I have used Chromecast and Tidal connect to hit the Group one WiiM and that's also worked well.

Not sure if that helps

Jeff

I was about to post about how great my newly rebuilt multi-room audio system was, recently divorcing myself from Sonos after more than a decade. But then all of a sudden everything started to fall apart. Any wisdom is appreciated.

Setup:

3x WiiM Pro Plus feeding amps and passive speakers in 3 different rooms.
2x Audio Pro A10Mkii LinkPlay speakers as a stereo pair on the patio.
1x Audio Pro A10Mkii LinkPlay speaker in a room.
Synology NAS for home flac library currently trying out MinimServer.

I had a full house party mode going successfully yesterday prior to migrating my NAS files from an older WD NAS to the Synology, and now today I couldn't get one of the Pro Plus's to group with the others. It doesn't want to play well with the others, whether trying to stream DNLA via the local NAS/MinimServer, or Spotify. Also the MinimServer keeps disappearing from the shares list in the app as well.

Any ideas?
Reboot your router, and if that doesn’t help, submit a ticket to WiiM so they can inspect your device logs.

Do you have multiple Wifi networks? Maybe your devices are no longer on same logical network? You may check the IP adresses of the devices to see if they have same network address.

Also the MinimServer keeps disappearing from the shares list in the app as well.
Do you mean that it disappears from an open WHA, or that when you open the WHA it's not listed?

Was MinimServer running on the WD and now on the Synology, or is it running on another system using the NAS as a file share?
If it is running on the NAS is the Synology connected to the same switch as the WD?

Try the following to see if MinimServer broadcasts are getting through:
  • Close the WHA and stop MinimServer.
  • Open the WHA and browse to Home Music Share. At this point MinimServer shouldn't be listed.
  • Start MinimServer.
Does MinimServer appear?

Back