Popping when switching songs

boggie1688

I just received my Ultra and noticed that it pops/clicks between song changes on Spotify.

I am using optical out to a Denon 1712. I even switched to RCA out to an Ayima A07 Pro, the popping persist. This does not happen when using a WiiM Pro.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I just received my Ultra and noticed that it pops/clicks between song changes on Spotify.

I am using optical out to a Denon 1712. I even switched to RCA out to an Ayima A07 Pro, the popping persist. This does not happen when using a WiiM Pro.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
So far my Ultra seems to be fine.

Are you using Spotify connect for sure on Spotify? GoogleCast may cause pop noise.

If you are already connected to Spotify connect and the problem persists, please try reinstalling the Spotify app.

If the problem still persists, please submit a ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app. A device log will be sent to help resolve the issue.

So far my Ultra seems to be fine.

Are you using Spotify connect for sure on Spotify? GoogleCast may cause pop noise.

If you are already connected to Spotify connect and the problem persists, please try reinstalling the Spotify app.

If the problem still persists, please submit a ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app. A device log will be sent to help resolve the issue.
Hi,

Yes definitely using Spotify connect. I open my Spotify and select the WiiM as my playback device.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi,

Yes definitely using Spotify connect. I open my Spotify and select the WiiM as my playback device.

Thanks for the suggestions.
The Spotify app can list your Ultra as both Spotify Connect and Chromecast devices. Please select the one with the Spotify Connect icon for optimal performance. If you continue to experience pop noise, please send a ticket through the app so our team can quickly resolve this issue for you. Thank you for your assistance and patience!

1000001571.png

I believe it is coming up under Spotify connect. The "Living Room" is my WiiM Ultra. I've gone ahead and submitted a ticket.

Here is a video highlighting the popping/clicking. It very weirdly doesn't do it all the time. If I cycle through the same 5 songs, it will randomly do it on each of them. The song doesn't seem to have an effect on whether or not it happens.

I believe it is coming up under Spotify connect. The "Living Room" is my WiiM Ultra. I've gone ahead and submitted a ticket.
Again, have you ensured you're connecting to it through the Spotify connect protocol and not Chromecast?

You should be able to choose your preferred connection method with the three dots.

Still, those kind of pops shouldn't be there with Chromecast either.

Again, have you ensured you're connecting to it through the Spotify connect protocol and not Chromecast?

You should be able to choose your preferred connection method with the three dots.

Still, those kind of pops shouldn't be there with Chromecast either.
The icon in the above screenshot pretty clearly suggests Spotify Connect, indeed.

SpotifyConnect.png

It very weirdly doesn't do it all the time. If I cycle through the same 5 songs, it will randomly do it on each of them. The song doesn't seem to have an effect on whether or not it happens.
Weird indeed. I didn't observe this behaviour with my Ultra and I don't have a good idea what might be causing the issue.

Quick update on this.

WiiM reached out and asked several questions, which I've answered. Apparently my first feedback did not include a firmware Log, so I sent another feedback hoping they would get the data needed.

It appears no matter the quality, it pops with Spotify. If I let the tracks naturally change the problem doesn't present itself. Also changing the source to my phone's media files eliminates the problem.

Update:

WiiM support is no joke. They pushed me a beta firmware and the issue is now gone. Less than a week.

Fantastic
Awesome! It's thanks to you early adopters that most if not all bugs will be fixed by the time we receive our units in the EU ;)

Back