Presets

DeeJay

This is probably a dumb question. How do I set up presets on the wiim home app?

Hi, I had the same question, so raised a ticket with customer support who advised "not all audio sources support preset functionality. For example, local music, NAS, DLNA, SMB, Chromecast, Roon Ready, SoundMachine, SoundCloud, Soundtrack, TIDAL Connect, do not support preset options."

Fair enough, however, in the screenshots above I notice the 3 dot menu also has options for View Artist, View Album and Alarm. I don't have these in the Android app, I only see Sleep Timer (written in German "Schlaf-Timer" ?) and EQ. Is it also the case that these options aren't available for the above audio sources?

@scottm SoundCloud content can be added to a preset, I have added a SoundCloud playlist to a preset using the method in post #2.

@scottm SoundCloud content can be added to a preset, I have added a SoundCloud playlist to a preset using the method in post #2.
Just tried and you are correct. And with Soundcloud as the audio source, the 3 dot menu does show some other options such as 'View Artist'. Shame we can't have this with many of the other sources, particularly the local & NAS/DLNA stuff.

@WiiM Team - Presets can be edited, err… deleted in the Edit page. It would be nice to be able to re-order them. And there should not be boxes with ‘Empty’ presets. Just add an Add Preset button to create a new one.

Back