Qobuz issue

Mike plants

On a similar theme I’ve just bought a WiiM Ultra it’s connected and playing well got Qobuz playing from an iPhone the ultra connected via digital to an Oppo Sonica Dac capable of going up to DSD the ultra set at 192 kHz and the iPhone also set at 192 kHz but only tracks up to 96 kHz will play . Everything plays with Analogue out straight to my Arcam amps anybody no why this is

On a similar theme I’ve just bought a WiiM Ultra it’s connected and playing well got Qobuz playing from an iPhone the ultra connected via digital to an Oppo Sonica Dac capable of going up to DSD the ultra set at 192 kHz and the iPhone also set at 192 kHz but only tracks up to 96 kHz will play . Everything plays with Analogue out straight to my Arcam amps anybody no why this is
[Your case might receive more attention if you post your own thread in the troubleshooting sub-forum, explaining your setup and your issue in more detail.]

Edit: Done.

Last edited:
Are you playing from the Qobuz page in the WiiM home app? If so, check the streaming quality under the three bar settings menu on that Qobuz page. Also, are you using coax or optical? And when you say tracks over 96khz won’t play, what do you mean - do you get silence or some other issue?

[@QuarryHunslet could you please move this to an appropriate forum, perhaps Qobuz? Thanks ]

Yes I am playing from the Qobuz page in the Wimm home app and the settings are set at up to 192 kHz with Qobuz and the Wimm the output is optical .the phone and the wimm screen shows the cover art but no sound and the Oppo Dac shows no signal but plays fine with anything up to 96 kHz . Its not a Dac problem because I know the Dac can take 192khz with a play fi signal from another product

Yes I am playing from the Qobuz page in the Wimm home app and the settings are set at up to 192 kHz with Qobuz and the Wimm the output is optical .the phone and the wimm screen shows the cover art but no sound and the Oppo Dac shows no signal but plays fine with anything up to 96 kHz . Its not a Dac problem because I know the Dac can take 192khz with a play fi signal from another product
I don't know what you mean by a play fi signal, but the implication is that a different product can output 192 over optical and that works with your dac.
With the same optical cable?
Do you have another optical cable to try, or have you tried coax or usb?

Sorry with a delay in getting back to you play Fi is the app used by Audiolab and other hi fi products in my case used on an iPhone and Qobuz can be played at 192khz using it

Back