Quality negotiation vs resampling for alexa cast in wiim pro

atigbagchi

So I want to understand if the wiim pro does quality negotiation or does resampling for amazon music via Alexa cast.

Suppose I set max quality of the spdif coax out to 24 bit 96khz. And play a song via Alexa cast whose max quality / resolution on Amazon Music is 24bit 192khz.

Would the wiim pro negotiate to receive a 24bit 96khz sample from Amazon Music? Or would it receive a 24bit 192khz and downsample? If it does the former, is it safe to assume that Amazon Music would have the requested quality?

Any documentation or official link preferred.

So I want to understand if the wiim pro does quality negotiation or does resampling for amazon music via Alexa cast.

Suppose I set max quality of the spdif coax out to 24 bit 96khz. And play a song via Alexa cast whose max quality / resolution on Amazon Music is 24bit 192khz.

Would the wiim pro negotiate to receive a 24bit 96khz sample from Amazon Music? Or would it receive a 24bit 192khz and downsample? If it does the former, is it safe to assume that Amazon Music would have the requested quality?

Any documentation or official link preferred.

The former.

If you set the Coax out to 96 kHz in the WiiM app, the Amazon music app will select a 96 kHz song file for playback; Amazon music has files ranging from SD to UHD (or HD) per track, so the playback device does not need to downsampling is required.

The former.

If you set the Coax out to 96 kHz in the WiiM app, the Amazon music app will select a 96 kHz song file for playback; Amazon music has files ranging from SD to UHD (or HD) per track, so the playback device does not need to downsampling is required.
Thanks. And would you know how uhd or hd is defined. This seems confusing to me given almost any 24bit depth audio is called uhd per my observations

Thanks. And would you know how uhd or hd is defined. This seems confusing to me given almost any 24bit depth audio is called uhd per my observations
HD is 16bit/44.1kHz CD quality, also called lossless.
Amazon calls 24-bit audio Ultra HD (UHD), which includes 44.1kHz, 48khz, 96khz, and 192khz.

Back