Roon Issues prior to the latest update, garbled sound

techaction

I was streaming Radio Paradise Rock stream overnight. I left it running all evening as I usually do. Came downstairs the following day to the stream still running but the sounds were garbled like my floor standers were sitting in water. Changed to another track, the same thing. I paused the stream from Roon, then started another stream from Tidal and it sounded normal. Not sure if this was one of the "Randon" crashes of Roon that this latest firmware patch was supposed to correct. I wish the Wiim Team could be more transparent with the actual issue this corrected. I've never had this issue with my Bluesound Node, Eversolo DMP-A6 or any other streamer that I have that is Roon Ready.

No such issue here. After the update the WiiM played more or less the whole day. No problem with a Burson or a Cambridge 200. But this is valid for Qobuz streams and NAS stored files and Roon. No experience with radio stations.

Last edited:
I’ve occasionally noticed something similar streaming a Planet Radio stream from LMS to my WiiM devices, but clearing the queue and restarting it fixes it. I wasn’t sure if it was the WiiM or the Planet Radio/ UPNPbridge plugins so ignored it, but next time I’ll submit a ticket to WiiM to see if they can identify the reason.

You can experience this with all sorts of streams with all sorts of hardware. Just change to something else and then back again will normally fix as it is the TCP connection that is the issue.

Back