Save and transfer room correction (PEQ) curves between pro plus and mini…is this possible?

Wild Bill

I have a pro plus that i can use for room correction. Is it possible to save the resulting PEQ curve and then transfer it to my WiiM mini for use in the same room?

Not automatically. The settings are held on the device so you’d need to manually copy them across but they should work equally as well on the Mini.

One caveat of using WiiM Pro Plus as room correction measurement is that line outputs are likely different between WiiM mini and WiiM Pro Plus. For example, they use different DAC's - that's an apparent difference but there may be more difference.

One caveat of using WiiM Pro Plus as room correction measurement is that line outputs are likely different between WiiM mini and WiiM Pro Plus. For example, they use different DAC's - that's an apparent difference but there may be more difference.

I don’t think there’ll be any issue there. This is the frequency response of the Mini.

IMG_1523.png

I don’t think there’ll be any issue there. This is the frequency response of the Mini.

View attachment 9350
You know Steve, despite all these frequency response being flat and that’s just about on any modern device but why some dac sound thin while other produce full bodied. If you look at their response was ruler flat.

You know Steve, despite all these frequency response being flat and that’s just about on any modern device but why some dac sound thin while other produce full bodied. If you look at their response was ruler flat.

This was specifically in response to a post about room correction.

Back