Setting to allow Automatic Updates

Hollywood

Major Contributor
My WiiM Pros are an excellent product. I have been using Material Skin as my controller app (as my media is on a Lyrion Music Server) and it works perfectly with the WiiMs and other players.

I since removed a few WiiM Pros and replaced them with players that have a display and touchscreen. I still have three Pros in my system. After reading some of he posts here I went to the WiiM app and just as it has been my experience, it notified me of an update. It didn't say for which unit, but if you don't apply the update, it will keep asking, and if you have several WiiMs, this is very time consuming as it ties up my phone for about 6 minutes for each WiiM device, not to mention you can't use that player to listen to the music you went to play. And sure enough, after the upgrade I closed the app and restarted it and it had another update for another installed WiiM, and then, as I have 3 WiiM Pros installed... I closed the app and restarted it and it had another update for another installed WiiM.

With the amount of updates you push, this is very annoying! Don't get me wrong, I want to have the latest updates, but can't there be an option to allow updates to auto install, and if so specify a time to reboot if necessary? If a user does not want auto update, simply set that option the way you want and it will continue as it does now.

I used to be annoyed 7 times every time you pushed an update, now I am only annoyed 3 times. I haven't used the WiiM app for quite awhile. I assume those players did not get updated because it was waiting for me to press Update?

I hesitated to post this as it is not my intention to steer people away from WiiM. Another option I have is to never start the WiiM app and thus never press the Update button, and as my players seem to work perfect, just stay on the current firmware. I don't think that is the best option so I am hoping you can address this in a way that there is less user and phone involvement to allow updates.

Thanks.

An auto, silent update a time I’m not likely able to using it like 2am would be nice. Especially if I can choose the time

An auto, silent update a time I’m not likely able to using it like 2am would be nice. Especially if I can choose the time
I would have though you would choose 1:59AM?:) , but yes, being able to specify the install/reboot time would be very important.

Back